Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I think the ZX10R is my favorite bike appearance wise. And the performance is clearly there also. I have owned a 04 CBR 600 F4i, and currently own a 04 GSX-R 750, and a 06 R1. I look forward to the absorbing the information on this site. As well as contributing what I know. Has anyone ridden the 04-06 R1 and 06-07 10R, if so I look forward to hearing your comparison of the two.
Rob

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
i rode a r1 for a litte bit not very far but i havea 06 zx10 and there is a very distinct power diffrenct coudnt tell you anything about the handling between the two as i wasnt really taking corners on the r1. brakes fel cose to the same maybe the r1s were a bit better

·
Registered
272 Posts
I went from an 04 R1 (rode for 2+ years) to an 07 ZX10 (almost a year now) and I can tell you the ZX has MUCH better midrange. My only real complaint about the R1 was that you reallly needed to spin it like a 600 cuz the shortened stroke push the powerband up a little. The ZX starts pulling at around 5k, and REALLY goes at about 75-8k. The R1 was just starting at about 7k.
Handling--the R1 has got it beat, no question. Although Ive heard the stock dunlops on the ZX hinder its handling, so Ill let you know when its time for new tires as Ill get Michelin Pilots next (prob after Road America Track day on June 9).

The only other thing that I can comment on is fit and finish, and for sure the R1 was better built, body fit together better, no half-assed shit like the ZX has in some of its details: Like the fact that from riding position you can see the front directionals flash if you look down the forks, a rear fender (plate frame and light) that is "quick disconnect" except the connector for the light was too short so you either have to squeeze your hand into the trunk, or tak off the tail section. Also, the break light connector itself cannot be easily disconncected without removing the cowl. THe seat takes 4 bolts and three pieces to be removed. You cant take off the mirrors without remoing the inserts under the handlebars, and the freakin kickstand is about a half inch too long, making it prone to falling over if your not careful.
So why did I buy the Kawi????
Easy...I hated what they did to the R1 style for 07, and I loved what they did with the 06-07 ZX10. Then I rode it, and that monster of a friggin motor made me glad I got it.

Thats my .02

·
Registered
413 Posts
:welcome:

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
welcome..ur name is green10R? but u dont even have a green 10R yet?.. lol..thats awesome..i hope u stay true to ur name bud..a green 10R would be the best choice of ur life! and as to answer ur question..i have had an 06 R1, and 07 GSX-R 1000 and now an 08 ZX-10R and i will say that by far the kawi is the greatest over all!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts