Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my first Kawasaki on Saturday. A "little" bit about me, have always been a Yamaha guy so this is going to be strange :surprise: I've spent a lot of time on the track on my 2012 r1 but have also owned and tracked a 2008 r6 and 2009 r6s. I live a little under an hour from Road America and 2 hours from Blackhawk Farms Raceway so I spend a lot of time at those tracks. Aside from doing some racing there I've also done track days at CMP, NJMP Thunderbolt, Road Atlanta, Barber, Putnam and NCM. I live in the same city as Farrell Performance so I'll probably get some help from them since Jason is very knowledgeable about Kawasaki.

Plans for the bike is to be 70% track and 30% street eventually turning to a dedicated track bike. I've already absorbed some great info from this forum so thank you all for sharing your knowledge. Although I probably won't be able to give much knowledge back to the forum I hope to at least provide some sort of opinion :lol:

Bone stock '16(non-abs) that you've all seen 1,356 times by now

My r6 that I just sold a few months ago. Didn't spend a lot of time on it, found out a peaky 600 on the track isn't for me

And my pride and joy that I'll miss

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome! My zx10 started out with the same ratio. It is now track only lol. This new era of superbikes is very exciting. Just wait until you get your ecu flashed and unlock autoblip downshifting or when you use slide control on the track! The 6 (5+1 calculated) axis Bosch units are the shit!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! My zx10 started out with the same ratio. It is now track only lol. This new era of superbikes is very exciting. Just wait until you get your ecu flashed and unlock autoblip downshifting or when you use slide control on the track! The 6 (5+1 calculated) axis Bosch units are the shit!
I am pretty stoked to try out the new electronics, one of the reasons I'm selling my old r1. I'm also looking forward to having the extra power up top compared to my fat, underpowered r1 lol

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: Loss!

I'm sure you'll grow to love your 10R as much as your beloved R1. :ayyy:

·
Registered
481 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts