Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,:hello:

I'm new to this forum or any bike forum in general, I've been on s2ki, Clubsi & honda-tech car forums regularly years ago maybe some of you are from there. :hello:

I have a 07 Zx10r & have started the modding bug again. I am in the market for a better clutch mainly for drag use (50% street 50% drag). I have done many searches on this forum and have come up with very little info (atleast for my 2gen). I see some have a Drag pack, brocks clutch kit, DP, Barnetts Etc. I don't want a whole clutch replacement as my bike only has 3,800 miles on it.

What's the best clutch "mod" or kit that just makes the clutch stiffer and better to launch many times with? I don't like launching and then feeling the clutch grab hard after im off the line.

I really love brocks but why is it they only make for 08 and up???? http://store.schnitzracing.com/brocks-clutch-spring-kit-kawasaki-zx10r-08-12/?gclid=CNGrr5vd0rYCFRN0MgodlxAA0g

I only found these but not sure if just spacers are all i need maybe im better off with springs too
http://store.schnitzracing.com/brocks-clutch-spring-spacer-kit-kawasaki-zx10r-04-07/?gclid=CPb5iNDd0rYCFVSVMgodmBoADQ

, any input from people that have these would be much help! Thanks!

Mods:

BMC filter
Muzzy FULL exh
Streched
Geared
1/5 throttle
lowered rear strapped front
Pc3
shinko 190
TRE

Dynotune nitrous kit 40shot will be installed next month.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I replaced my oem clutch at 4000 miles with 1st gen drag pak, been running the same clutch for 2 years without any problems. My original clutch would chatter, this one is smooth as butter, no complaints. Probably over 100 passes at the strip

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
been running stk. 10 clutch with stk. springs shimmed .080 at the strip for 3 yrs. now. very smooth, bike runs pretty hard. used 12mm flat washers from home depot, have to cut or grind2 sides a little for them to fit in bottom of pressure plate under springs, about a buck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been hearing lots of good things about that cycle concepts drag pak, I did a search to see what parts it consisted of and came up short. Their website has a dead link to catalog, does any one know what all comes with that?

Where would I get gsxr valve springs ? Local Suzuki dealer I'm assuming? And valve spring in a clutch? I'm lost on that I thought those belonged in the head.

I'm looking for a plug and play type kit or as close as possible with little modification on my end. I'm leaning toward the drag pak

·
Registered
202 Posts
Put the drag pak in my gen 1 a few months ago. And got the 3 gsxr valve springs off a member here. Haven't had it on the strip yet, but seems good riding round town. Call dwayne at cycle concepts, he's a lot of help

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Giving Dwayne a call tomorrow and going with drag pak & 3 gixxer valve springs bgmagma helped me understand the valve spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
zx10 07

dear Sir,i have a zx-10r 2007 im tired for the second time clutch basket failure. the first time one of the three rivets failed and then caused the whole basket failure. i got a new oem basket from ebay and installed. the second time i have used the same disks but i changed the first two broken i have put used clean ones. now i have the second disk broken a small piece of it and the clutch basket with three cracks on the top at the ring. i do lots of wheelies but i was smooth slipping the clutch* after the first failure and it failed again. now im waiting for the used basket clutch from ebay to install it.can you please tell me the reason for the failure of the disk and basket?
If any reply plz do add to my email [email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
been running stk. 10 clutch with stk. springs shimmed .080 at the strip for 3 yrs. now. very smooth, bike runs pretty hard. used 12mm flat washers from home depot, have to cut or grind2 sides a little for them to fit in bottom of pressure plate under springs, about a buck.
I did the same thing lasted me two years only replaced steels once. Had 15 43 gear and was running every weekend. Had a nice feel on the road also. stock bottom end with head cam package. Bike was running 126 mph on motor with that clutch setup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can you enlighten: head valve springs of a gsx as a clutch spring?-3 and 3 shimmed stock prings at .080?

The 12mm washers, used only with the stock spring or with all 6?

The cut and grinding...need details, if you have pics that would be awesome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts