Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , i'm new to miami and looking to find out about the best roads and the worsts areas to avoid , i've been away from my computer for two months now and i haven't been up to date .I 'm the canadian that rode down from montreal .If anybody has any info , let me know .

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
performancezx10r said:
hi guys , i'm new to miami and looking to find out about the best roads and the worsts areas to avoid , i've been away from my computer for two months now and i haven't been up to date .I 'm the canadian that rode down from montreal .If anybody has any info , let me know .
wewlcome to FLA ca'nt help with Miami but if ya ever get up to O -Town let me know. that musta been one helluva a ride

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Welcome- glad to see you made it. How was the ride?

Difficult question where to avoid. In many areas you can be more or less okay but a few blocks from not such a great place. Coconut Grove is an example.

Stay away from over town, opa locka/ hialeah- parts of cutler ridge.

Just be aware in general, it's not that bad, but it is, if that makes any sense. Big City anywhere stuff.

No roads that are very great, on and off ramps for twisties.

All roads: assume people are trying to kill you.

They'll be on the phone etc. many here don't even have a license and many that do shoudn't be driving.

Read-old and from a small island, communist dictatorship

No matter how dumb or unreal, be ready for their u turn from outside lane or reversing against traffic to catch an exit..

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Yeaa man how was that ride??? How long did it take? I forgot all about that? Haven't seen u on here since u talked about making that journey from canada. Fill us in............. :welcome:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
:welcome: to flat land FL!! You definitely get my vote for the iron butt award!! Be careful down there in "little Havana", that place scares the hell out me driving thru in a pickup!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Miami is really nice. Just moved a few months ago to Port Saint Luice from Miami and miss everything but the heavy, nasty, crazy, "Don't know how to drive" traffic that do seem like they want you dead. Watch out for those "2fast2furious" speed racers with the R racing stickers that give them 300hp. Just might see a home made spoiler fly off and hit you. I'd get cut off everytime I went out. As far as roads that are fun.... close to nothing. Oh and another thing with the heavy traffic... You have to be careful looking to your side at the very sexy ladies cause you never know when those "I thought I saw" drivers spot a million dollar bill on the road cause let me tell ya... they will stop for something only they see. Either that or they stop for no reason.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Assume they are all trying to kill you.
If they haven't tried yet, it's because they don't know your'e there.
Which in turn means they could kill you.

Expect the worst of the cagers around you. You will rarely be disappointed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
:hello: Welcom man.

I love everyone's comments about their own town :badteeth: but it is true from what I have experienced on visits.

Hope you like it down there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First Make Me Say That Everyone Thought I Was Crazy For Even Thinking About The Ride Down , 2200 Miles .... But I Loved Every Minite! I Left Montreal On The 28 Of June At 5 Pm Right In The Mid Trafic . Looking Back To The City I Said Goodbye ( Beautifull City ) Very Sad Moment For Me ... But I Was Looking Foward To The Ride Ahead . I Took The Transcanadahighway West To Get To The 81 South At The U.s. Boarder , It Was My First Time Crossing This Area . The Sun Was Setting And The Road Ahead Looked Curvey And There Were Mountains Ahead, At This Point I Could Really Feel How Much Power This Bike Has . Nothing Comes Close To The Domination You Feel On This Bike , It's Like Everything On The Road Is In Mt Way ! I Tried To Keep In Control But I Could Not Help But Keep On Rolling On The Throttle , I'm Very Lucky Not To Have Been Stopped Because My Average Speed Was 106 And I Got It Up To 173 On The 95 . I Took Me About 18 Hours And I Loved It .
I Hit Big Time Rain , But I Just Would Stop And Put My Rain Gear And Kept On Going
I Stopped Twice At Hotels And The Second Night I Pushed My Bike Right Into The Room ( That Was Cool )
I Really Expected The Be In Pain But Nothing , The Only Two Things That Got To Me Was Wind Noise And Heat With My Rain Pants .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts