Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just got an 05 zx10 that is written off (see my newbies post) and I plan to make it into a naked sport bike but I am looking for a bit of info from you guys that know a lot more about the bike than I.
It currently won't start but turns over - will this sort itself out once if fit a gauge cluster?
It needs a new swingarm - do all years fit? and if so which year would be best to fit and why?
Do all models have the same rear caliper and are they all top mounted?
Has anyone fitted straight bars and risers? If so which top yoke did you use?
Are footpegs and levers interchangeable between models?

That's a few to be going on with but I'm sure that there will be plenty more once I get the spanners flying.
I'm sure I could have found all these answers using the search function but I don't have the time.

Thanks in advance for any advice / info.

Regards,
Richard.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I have just got an 05 zx10 that is written off (see my newbies post) and I plan to make it into a naked sport bike but I am looking for a bit of info from you guys that know a lot more about the bike than I.
It currently won't start but turns over - will this sort itself out once if fit a gauge cluster?
It needs a new swingarm - do all years fit? and if so which year would be best to fit and why?

That's a few to be going on with but I'm sure that there will be plenty more once I get the spanners flying.
I'm sure I could have found all these answers using the search function but I don't have the time.

Regards,
Richard.
IF you'd have left that out it "might" have actually helped in getting some "help" man. good to know that your time is far more valuable than anyone else's on the forum bud. best of luck with the bike.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
IF you'd have left that out it "might" have actually helped in getting some "help" man. good to know that your time is far more valuable than anyone else's on the forum bud. best of luck with the bike.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
588 Posts

Regards,
Richard.
+1 to TMY but to cut you a break, I have an 05 swingarm and rear hugger w/ rear shock for sale in good shape.

Rearsets (driver pegs) are different for each year, not sure about passenger pegs.

A bike will start without a gauge cluster so I doubt that is your starting issue. I run my stuntbike w/out a cluster all the time.

Sorry if I couldn't help more, PM me for pics of the swingarm, shock, and hugger if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I don't blame him for not using the search function. I kept getting the "Sorry - No Matches" everytime I tried to use the advanced search. Guess I'm not advanced enough. I do ride an 04 10 after all.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I don't blame him for not using the search function. I kept getting the "Sorry - No Matches" everytime I tried to use the advanced search. Guess I'm not advanced enough. I do ride an 04 10 after all.
I personally hate the search function built into forums. I use google to search the site. Append site:zx-10r.net behind whatever you want to search into google and only hits from this site will come up. So if you wanted to search for straight bars and risers, you would type:

straight bars risers site:zx-10r.net

Try it.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I personally hate the search function built into forums. I use google to search the site. Append site:zx-10r.net behind whatever you want to search into google and only hits from this site will come up. So if you wanted to search for straight bars and risers, you would type:

straight bars risers site:zx-10r.net

Try it.
Great info! Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply.
The reason that I put that was because I had a lot of questions at once that could have taken hours to trawl through ALL of the related posts.
I never once considered my time to be any more important than anybody else's, but I was hoping that the people that have experience of this particular bike might be able to share a bit of information that would only take them a couple of minutes.

Regards,
Richard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 to TMY but to cut you a break, I have an 05 swingarm and rear hugger w/ rear shock for sale in good shape.

Rearsets (driver pegs) are different for each year, not sure about passenger pegs.

A bike will start without a gauge cluster so I doubt that is your starting issue. I run my stuntbike w/out a cluster all the time.

Sorry if I couldn't help more, PM me for pics of the swingarm, shock, and hugger if you're interested.
Thanks very much for the info and offer of parts.
I'm just trying to sort out a collection point in the US that will forward everything on to me. I may have sorted a swingarm already but I will keep it in mind.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Richard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can't help with none start problem other than is there not a cut out switch that might need resetting as the bike was crashed ?

Rear caliper from later bikes does fit. I have some almost new 05 calipers spare, but am in the UK.

Foot pegs are different 06 onwards.

Search facility is not good, i run a forum using phpbb software and that's even worse !. Like the google search tip above.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't help with none start problem other than is there not a cut out switch that might need resetting as the bike was crashed ?

Rear caliper from later bikes does fit. I have some almost new 05 calipers spare, but am in the UK.

Foot pegs are different 06 onwards.

Search facility is not good, i run a forum using phpbb software and that's even worse !. Like the google search tip above.
Thanks for the info.
I am also in the UK, how much would you want for a caliper?

Regards,
Richard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts