Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I picked up my 08 10R Friday. Love it so far. Only put about 200 miles on it so far. I was referred to this site from the zxforums.com. I have a few questions about parts, also 1 about if somethings wrong with my bike. I think I have found its not but I figured the more opinions, usually the better.

To start, its blue, with just an M4 shorty slip-on. It has also come with an extended warranty from the previous owner. I bought it with 1230 miles on it.

My concern: while riding today, I noticed what I thought was it lagging at very low RPM, Im not sure exactly but it didnt seem to take off until I got into the green range on the tach. (I do like how its easy to just judge where your at with that color change) I was in 2nd, probably going about 45-55 mph, then cracked into it. I was left by an 07 10R and a 07 CBR1000, we always go in 2nd. Im 95% sure I was in 2nd. After that I was kinda screwing around low RPM. Before the green it doesnt seem super strong, I didnt really notice it until then. Note: I have only been riding it since friday afternoon and I first actually laid into last night. So I am VERY new to this bike, I might have 200miles at the most on it. Is this normal? Is it the M4 slip-on? Is it just me? Is there something else I should be aware of?

Are there any concerns I should know about with these bikes?

Are they prone to any issues?

Anything else I should know about?

I was also told that on here I could find out about the smoked lens or some kind of tint for the front turn signals.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The slip on isn't that great for making power but it shouldn't cause any problems. The 10 suffers on the low end so no surprise. You should try the run again to make sure you are in the right gear as they shouldn't be running away from you. You can buy tinted signals or get the spray tint

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The slip on isn't that great for making power but it shouldn't cause any problems. The 10 suffers on the low end so no surprise. You should try the run again to make sure you are in the right gear as they shouldn't be running away from you. You can buy tinted signals or get the spray tint
Sweet, it sounds like no problem, Ill try again lol.

Where can I find the tinted signals? I havnet had any luck.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:welcome:

Get to know the different sections of this Forum before starting Threads please. Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the best ZX10R site.....however it's best to introduce in one thread and start another on the technical side in our Performance and Tech section....I will move this thread to the Welcome newbies section and copy this this thread where it belongs.

bloo

·
Registered
139 Posts
just drop a tooth in the front and that will take away the bogging at the low RPM. it usually hits around 5000 to 5500 rpms, but with the gear change it will be gone and you will launch off of the line... i put in a Speedo Healer as well.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
CBRs will dust you down low unless you change some things. But then you lose the top end advantage. 6 of one. Half dozen of the other
I don't think 06 or 07 CBRs will dust any year ZX10 down low:headshake I ride with a CBR on a regular basis too:mrgreen:

·
Banned
347 Posts
i dont know, my 06 has no balls until about 5k and i am already -1. dying to go up two in the back but am trying to let my wife get used to it the way it is. I hear you on getting some down low power. Maybe Rifleman's, maybe a pc, i dont know.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
CBRs will dust you down low unless you change some things. But then you lose the top end advantage. 6 of one. Half dozen of the other
Uhhhh, no pre 08 cbr has gotten me on the low end or top end. The 08's however, are a beast on the low end.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I dropped a tooth in the front but I think that a custom map on my PCIII to add a little more fuel and staying on the RPM's will keep it out of that loll. If u take off in first and keep the RPM's up they will be chasing u all day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This 07 cbr wasnt stock, its got a few things done and dyno tuned. It runs good. My concern was the 07 zx10 rolling out on me. I dont think i was in the right gear, couldnt have been.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your bike is limited in 1st through 4th gear at low rpms so noobs don't flip and kill themselfs pulling out of the dealer. You can buy a TRE (timing retard eliminator) so it isn't limited and will help at low rpms but i would say just get to know your bike better first. One tooth down on your front sprocket will make a big difference too and its cheap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thougt the bike seemed to really open up in 4th gear. Guess my assumption was correct. I gotta learn bike for sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your bike is limited in 1st through 4th gear at low rpms so noobs don't flip and kill themselfs pulling out of the dealer. You can buy a TRE (timing retard eliminator) so it isn't limited and will help at low rpms but i would say just get to know your bike better first. One tooth down on your front sprocket will make a big difference too and its cheap.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Where can i find the tinted lens for the front signals?
I know these state they're for the 2nd gen but a buddy said that thay will fit the 07' as well so i would assume they'd fit yours? figured it was worth a shot....especially for the price!! and as far as your original question.........ya shoulda just got a 1st gen and saved yourself all the worry and headaches!!:heyyou::lol: J/K man, welcome to the forum,good to have ya!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOCKHART-CHROME-MARKER-LIGHT-LEFT-KAWASAKI-ZX10R-06-07-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483c2d6591QQitemZ310247253393QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOCKHART-CHROME-MARKER-LIGHT-RIGHT-KAWASAKI-ZX10R-06-07-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483c2d6719QQitemZ310247253785QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thougt the bike seemed to really open up in 4th gear. Guess my assumption was correct. I gotta learn bike for sure.
Like Eurichs07 said the 08 is limited out of the box. Buy a TRE for around $60. and PC3 with a custom map (around 300). Also, on the 08's you gotta get rid of that HEAVY CAN and pre-muffler (350++). Do these 3 things alone and you're bikes power will almost feel unmanageable.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so the this TRE in combi with the PC3 mapped. And the bikes power increase will be noticeable? Where can i find one of these timing retard eliminator things?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts