Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some reading and trying to find a tire that is going to perform and meet my budget. I have been off the bike for 5 yrs and getting back into it.
These new tires will be suited on the 07 10R. My intended use will be minor track days 2-4 yr and mostly Sunday rides. I want to try for the first time 190/55/17 :badteeth:
What are your Recommendations? or other tires in the $250 range shipped.

Bridgestone -BT-016s Cycle Great $240 OTD

Pirelli Diablo - $ $240 OTD
I have used these on the track and liked them 5 years ago.

Pilot Powers - I have used and always a great tire.

Metzler sportec M3- good deal on Bike Bandit shipped for $240 last I checked.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have been doing some reading and trying to find a tire that is going to perform and meet my budget. I have been off the bike for 5 yrs and getting back into it.
These new tires will be suited on the 07 10R. My intended use will be minor track days 2-4 yr and mostly Sunday rides. I want to try for the first time 190/55/17 :badteeth:
What are your Recommendations? or other tires in the $250 range shipped.

Bridgestone -BT-016s Cycle Great $240 OTD

Pirelli Diablo - $ $240 OTD
I have used these on the track and liked them 5 years ago.

Pilot Powers - I have used and always a great tire.

Metzler sportec M3- good deal on Bike Bandit shipped for $240 last I checked.
im kind of michelin whore now but i used to run purely metzlers. the m3 is a good tire but i hated how short the life was out of it. i think under hard use i felt serious traction loss after 2k like to the point i changed it out. i still really like the pp 2ct which i bet you could get for around 250 shipped if you shop around. one of my favorite tires. im running the pp3 2ct now and really love it. dont have enough miles on to comment on longevity though. i hate dunlop and bridgestone so im kinda bias i guess...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I currently run Michellin Pilot Road 2's. Great commuter tire that warms up quickly and provides plenty of stability when spirit riding. Not a track day tire. If I were looking for a commuter/track day tire, I would choose one of the following:

Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

Michellin PP 2CT

Michellin PP Pure

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many miles are you getting out of a set. I would like to know from track day to canyon carvers?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
Been on the S20's for a bit. Great tire and cant say enough good things about them as far as an all around tire. Im still wanting to try the Q3's though.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Unless you'll be in the rain, I'd go with Q2 or Q3. I've used Q2s on the track the last couple seasons and they were pretty much flawless. Q3s are supposedly even better.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Q3's are the first tires that are so superb it's not such a debate like normal tire debates. bare none it is an awesome tire in the rain or at a track day.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the feedback. Q3 will be my next tire set. It's cooling down here so once they get booted on the bike I will do a follow up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
not to hijack the thread but how do the q3's perform on cool days/cool pavement? most reviews come from cali. and here in canada there winners don't work so great! Michelin has been a fan fav. up here. but with everything you guys say about the Q3's.. well got me thinking!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not to hijack the thread but how do the q3's perform on cool days/cool pavement? most reviews come from cali. and here in canada there winners don't work so great! Michelin has been a fan fav. up here. but with everything you guys say about the Q3's.. well got me thinking!
I too am a Mich man. :dontknow: I have been out of the game for some time now and all I hear is Q3's :icon_eek:. So that being said it's time to make the jump. I live up to my name, I love to drag knee and if this tire is all about getting low. Sign me up. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts