Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track and ran my terd and I need alot of seat time to get used to this thing. List of mods.3 mill gas ported JE's, ported head, robinson first gear, kawi intake cam and tuned on MR9. The bike sits at around 62" lowered and strapped, 16-39 gear. Same pipe Brocks Street Smart pipe. My best run of the weekend was during eliminations, I went 1.459 short time(my best ever),3.81-330', [email protected] the 1/8th, 7.52 @ 1000'mark then I was on the brakes so I didnt break out,[email protected] I still brokeout by a bunch(I dialed 9.20)ooopss. I didnt get another run like that the rest of the weekend,so I will get back to the track on may 9th and try again. Might try 16-43 at the next T&T

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Congratulations homie!! You and I know that bike got the balls to go 8s and I hope i get to see one of those runs in bakersfield on may 9th for test and tune! I'm coming with my boy URI from colorrite with his 06 14 and my other homie with his 08 busa and me running my 14!! So i hope i see you there!!
BLOOOO you should come out to have with us.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations homie!! You and I know that bike got the balls to go 8s and I hope i get to see one of those runs in bakersfield on may 9th for test and tune! I'm coming with my boy URI from colorrite with his 06 14 and my other homie with his 08 busa and me running my 14!! So i hope i see you there!!
BLOOOO you should come out to have with us.
Thanks Ed.It will be cool to see you guys at the track.:cool:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Went to the track and ran my terd and I need alot of seat time to get used to this thing. List of mods.3 mill gas ported JE's, ported head, robinson first gear, kawi intake cam and tuned on MR9. The bike sits at around 62" lowered and strapped, 16-39 gear. Same pipe Brocks Street Smart pipe. My best run of the weekend was during eliminations, I went 1.459 short time(my best ever),3.81-330', [email protected] the 1/8th, 7.52 @ 1000'mark then I was on the brakes so I didnt break out,[email protected] I still brokeout by a bunch(I dialed 9.20)ooopss. I didnt get another run like that the rest of the weekend,so I will get back to the track on may 9th and try again. Might try 16-43 at the next T&T
very nice, did you ever get that thing on the dyno? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
man your on your way:eek:ccasion1 are you going to put any gas to this new motor, you might not need it anymore.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Still at 60"? You should be in the 8.80's soon. Set it back to 64" and you will be 8.60's all night long!

·
Registered
49 Posts
WOW!!

Those are some very impressive numbers. I race on an 1/8th mile track all the time because it is close to home for me. On a 2006 zx10 with only an exhaust upgrade my 1/8 mile times are high 6.90's at about 110-115 mph.

·
Registered
318 Posts
WOW!!

Those are some very impressive numbers. I race on an 1/8th mile track all the time because it is close to home for me. On a 2006 zx10 with only an exhaust upgrade my 1/8 mile times are high 6.90's at about 110-115 mph.

You will be in the 6.40's stock wheel base with practice...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will be in the 6.40's stock wheel base with practice...:thumbsup:
Actually I went 6.30's last year SWB with my old engine(stock with bolt ons) and 9.60's @ 148mph.It would be a handful with it now fo sho.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
good times man :) YOU GOT A BEAST

Hey I got straps as well but I do not have the caliper adapter brackets. Can I still mount the straps? I looked the other week and took off the top Caliper bolt, but the strap bracket looked like it wouldn't sit flush so I didn't think that was a good ideal to put em on. Do you or others still mount it even tho it's ( the bracket on the strap ) angled and not flush? Or must you use a caliper bracket adapter?

Got any pics of your set up so I can see how you did it?

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
good times man :) YOU GOT A BEAST

Hey I got straps as well but I do not have the caliper adapter brackets. Can I still mount the straps? I looked the other week and took off the top Caliper bolt, but the strap bracket looked like it wouldn't sit flush so I didn't think that was a good ideal to put em on. Do you or others still mount it even tho it's ( the bracket on the strap ) angled and not flush? Or must you use a caliper bracket adapter?

Got any pics of your set up so I can see how you did it?
You can do that if you want to! but there is a risk of you messing up the radiator.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
what do you reccomend then? just dropping the front or buying a different kit?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Where'd you get the VW bug from, where'd you get the bolts, how much for everything?

thanks

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
9.1 is impressive. keep w the seat time:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 33 Posts