Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought Hill's seat to use with an idea I've had for a while. Since the FZR 600 days.

Saved my stock seat for normal use and attached this small tail bag to the seat directly so that I have no straps to mess with or to scuff paint and good seat.

It had straps that I had attached (originally a tankbag) so that it could strap to seat but this is way easier so I cut those off.

For day-trips or errands I'll have another option to tankbag or backpack or can add all for longer trips.

Thanks again Hill.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
werd...

glad to see it worked out for ya!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hade the same idea, except as I have a Ventura bag I was going to bolt the Ventura upright to it so the bag sits on the seat, much nicer than adding a bloody rack to the bike...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
nice.....
get some rep's for that..

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Similar idea, I also bought a spare seat off here. Got a 16 can soft cooler that has a rigid plastic liner and shoulder strap for less than $15. Melted a very thin hole through the plastic liner and outer fabric of the cooler using a piece of an old steel ruler at bottom that would accomodate the strap. Took the shoulder strap off and cut it up to make the hold down. Bolted the cooler down using the strap in the same place the passenger hold used to be bolted down. The strap that came with the cooler was nylon and you can just double it over, melt a hole through both thicknesses and attach with a fender washer and the stock nut.

You end up with a very secure tailpack that goes off and on in a hurry without maring the tail plastic paint and you can do it without damaging the seat . . . too bad I didn't think about it before I bought a spare.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments.

Love the cooler idea, I have a larger tail bag I figured I could bolt on there if needed but will keep my eye out for a good cooler alternative.
Also considered the right size pelican case or a locking box but the cooler is a good, inexpensive idea. (And much dryer and better looking than a milk crate.:wink: )

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Thanks for the comments.

Love the cooler idea, I have a larger tail bag I figured I could bolt on there if needed but will keep my eye out for a good cooler alternative.
Also considered the right size pelican case or a locking box but the cooler is a good, inexpensive idea. (And much dryer and better looking than a milk crate.:wink: )
I have a milk crate, too, a new black one I sole from Hygiea. The old one was was blue and a little wimpy. I restrict the milk crate to use on the KLR650 to preserve my image.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Version 2 expanded.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thanks bro....looks great

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:thumbsup: Good Idea :idea: being there isn't a whole heck of alot of room on the 10R anyways :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
10roller said:
lol....looks good, bigger and better..... cant wait to see the next one......
Thanks,
I just happen to run across this bag on closeout for $30.00, it came with a rain cover which the other did not have.

I think I'm done. Although..... I do have a bigger tail bag for the cbr that could get bolted onto the ZX seat in a pinch.

Here is a full shot with bag not expanded- forgive the cbr, didn't feel like shuffling things for the pic.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump

1 - 20 of 22 Posts