Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to stretch it out a little more. I removed the shock and added an adjustable strut. Went for a ride today after getting everything back together. Here's some pics. Overlook the oil filler cap, I powdercoated my cases last night and somehow lost my cap. I had to use a cap from my 450f until the new one gets here.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
inappropriate
7,730 Posts
its not my cup of tea but whos asking- i admire the work you put into it, very custom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after taking a long ride with that adjustable strut and beating myself half to death over every bump, I decided to max out my stock shock adjustment and put it back on. The travel is limited now so I still don't scrape, but the ride is so much better. I removed that hugger, not sure what I was thinking leaving that on! And next will be getting the height completely dialed. SOUPY turnbuckles are so easy to adjust....worth every penny.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Where can I get one of those slick oil filler caps?"

Just order a generator cover plug for an 07 KX450F from ronayeres.com part #92066b, mail it to my house and I will powdercoat it psycho lime candy for you then mail it back. LOL!

My new clutch cover gasket and filler cap came in yesterday so yeah I put that cap back on the 450 where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I don't care for the stretched look but I like the paint job.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loving the bike bro. In your state is it illegal to stretch one that far? I live in hawaii and I cant go axle past the rear light or bolt on extensions with out them trying to put me infront of a firing squad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know I had to go to a couple of different inspection stations to get a sticker, but no one in wv actually knows the regulations anyways. I have a car with air ride and they tell me I need a modified sticker, I take it to get a modified sticker and they tell me I don't need a modified one. I have not been pulled over or anything though for the bike so it must be okay here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im a motocrosser not a track day rider. I usually just chill on the streets anyways. The bike actually doesn't handle as bad as you think it would. I am wanting to start taking it to the local strip here and see what kinda times it will run. There is something about running a 10 to 106 in first gear and not having to worry about the front wheel lifting......KINDA FUN every once in a while!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.