Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to stretch it out a little more. I removed the shock and added an adjustable strut. Went for a ride today after getting everything back together. Here's some pics. Overlook the oil filler cap, I powdercoated my cases last night and somehow lost my cap. I had to use a cap from my 450f until the new one gets here.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I vote you lower the front a bit more. Whats you w/b at?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
its not my cup of tea but whos asking- i admire the work you put into it, very custom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after taking a long ride with that adjustable strut and beating myself half to death over every bump, I decided to max out my stock shock adjustment and put it back on. The travel is limited now so I still don't scrape, but the ride is so much better. I removed that hugger, not sure what I was thinking leaving that on! And next will be getting the height completely dialed. SOUPY turnbuckles are so easy to adjust....worth every penny.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Where can I get one of those slick oil filler caps?"

Just order a generator cover plug for an 07 KX450F from ronayeres.com part #92066b, mail it to my house and I will powdercoat it psycho lime candy for you then mail it back. LOL!

My new clutch cover gasket and filler cap came in yesterday so yeah I put that cap back on the 450 where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I don't care for the stretched look but I like the paint job.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The arm is a +14 and it is from thompson's custom cycles. I got lucky and one of my friends had just taken it off of his bike that he was selling. I stripped it down and powdercoated it mirror black.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loving the bike bro. In your state is it illegal to stretch one that far? I live in hawaii and I cant go axle past the rear light or bolt on extensions with out them trying to put me infront of a firing squad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know I had to go to a couple of different inspection stations to get a sticker, but no one in wv actually knows the regulations anyways. I have a car with air ride and they tell me I need a modified sticker, I take it to get a modified sticker and they tell me I don't need a modified one. I have not been pulled over or anything though for the bike so it must be okay here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im a motocrosser not a track day rider. I usually just chill on the streets anyways. The bike actually doesn't handle as bad as you think it would. I am wanting to start taking it to the local strip here and see what kinda times it will run. There is something about running a 10 to 106 in first gear and not having to worry about the front wheel lifting......KINDA FUN every once in a while!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts