1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while lurking over at .com
Jeech and Harry been holding out on us.

http://www..com/showthread.php?t=858

I've asked the usual, new bearings or reuse old ones, adjustable dog bones or not, are you required to respring the shock, etc. I will post all replies that I get when I get them.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the post text:

WilbersUSA now offers a progressive lever system with new dogbone links and either a replacement spring for the OEM shock or the new Wilbers shock.

The Kawasaki ZX 10 R system is linear or straight, and requires a very stiff spring which has no sensible action.
That is why we designed the new "progressive" linkage and new dogbone links, made out of aircraft aluminum 7075.
These items can be installed with either a new, specially matched replacement spring for the OEM shock, or with a new Wilbers 640 ($487- custom built shock with rebound damping, or 643 ($894 - Custom built shock with rebound and High and Low speed compression damping with a piggyback reservoir) model shock.

Costs are:
Linkage system and dogbone links $ $ 375.00
Replacement spring $ 106.00

Email me if interested at [email protected] or post any Q's here your choice Thanks Steve WillbersUSA Check out our unfinished website at www.wilbersusa.com - info and pics are available but not of the lever system or dog bone links, working on that

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replied that this price is steep because Graves, Kyle and Moriwaki only charge $275 for linkages for the R1 and RC51...we will see what we get as a reply.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still have gotten on reply from this guy, guess he doesn't want any sales?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called today:
It raises the ride height about 4~5mm, reuse the old bearings, unadjustable dog bones.
The guy recommended replacing the shock spring since it will most likely be too stiff once you go to a progressive linkage. The price isn't really negotiable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts