Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...hope all is well...when i first bought my bike i bought these $80 piece of crap stands that ive been using....for my up coming projects i needed my front stand to allow me to lift the front end but able to remove the front forks...so i bought into the whole "Pit Bull" stands and i guess im impressed...good quality and hopefully these are the last stands ill ever need to buy. (Crossing Fingers)

here are some pics of the new stands...regular rear stand and the front is the one where it uses an adapter to pick the bike up by triple tree

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Ummm, did I miss something, or is your bike a different color orange than the standard 09 candy burnt orange. Maybe its just your camera, but it looks alot lighter.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Nice! I got the same setup cept mine are Vortex! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got the same stands. they rock! gotta be careful with the front one though, when ya go to set it in the tree. its kinda easy to scratch the front fender. trust me on that one.

cool thing is, they are stout, and although not impossible, its hard to drop the bike.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
gotta be careful with the front one though, when ya go to set it in the tree. its kinda easy to scratch the front fender. trust me on that one.
Yep, I know that all too well. I was clumsy @ trackdays and now my fender is all scuffed. But when I use it in the garage now, I'm very careful :smile:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i noticed too that it seems really easy to scratch the upper fairings...any advice on not scratching the fairing....is there some kind of fix for this??

·
Registered
471 Posts
well, its like playing the old operation game. Ive started laying towels over the fender and taking My time. once you get the pin in the yolk, you can support the front of the bike with the top part of the stand until you get the rest situated. I always go up with the back stand first, for stability, especially if your doing it by yourself. hope it helps.

still one of the best setups that I have used, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've got el cheapo Lochhart/Phillips front triple clamp stand... quality nowhere near the PitBull stands.. but does the trick. My stand's tubing is much smaller diameter; even so, it's still very easy to scratch the front wheel fairing, or underside of headlamp cowling, if not very slow and careful....

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
I have the same 2 Pit Bull stands and am curios why they only rate a 8-10? Not bad but I would give them a 9.5 out of 10.

As for the front fender, I usually lay a cleaning rag across it when installing or removing the triple tree strand and NO scuffing.

100% happy with my Pit Bulls. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same 2 Pit Bull stands and am curios why they only rate a 8-10? Not bad but I would give them a 9.5 out of 10.

As for the front fender, I usually lay a cleaning rag across it when installing or removing the triple tree strand and NO scuffing.

100% happy with my Pit Bulls. :thumbsup:
I rated them because of the price and how the front stand is made.! I feel/felt that i was paying for the name...granted ive only had them for a few hours but we will see as time goes on how easy they are to use. I wish they had the tripple tree stand as well as the fork stand built in. But thats how things go and im just bitchin.....im just really worried about scratching my shit...thats all

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
If you are all that concerned about scratching the fender, just take it off, its only 4 small bolts and that solves the problem.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
My Woodcraft front stand has a rubber sleeve shrink wrapped over the metal so you wont scratch anything, Im sure it would be an easy enough job to do this to your Pitbull.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
pits are the shite. 10/10...
:+1:

None better. Got the spooled rear, fwd handle rear, newfront, and the forklift. I remember when I bought my first stand back in the '90s. An LP rear with the pads for the swingarm to rest on. You could see the stupid thing flexing with the bike on it. :headshake

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I have had the same set of Pit Bull's for 8 years there great!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I have the same setup just T-Rex....yeah yeah I know I suck LOL

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I rated them because of the price and how the front stand is made.! I feel/felt that i was paying for the name...granted ive only had them for a few hours but we will see as time goes on how easy they are to use. I wish they had the tripple tree stand as well as the fork stand built in. But thats how things go and im just bitchin.....im just really worried about scratching my shit...thats all
Why didn't you buy that model then?

My front is the combo stand that can lift from fork or add the piece and lift from the stem.

I usually just lift from the fork.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ummm, did I miss something, or is your bike a different color orange than the standard 09 candy burnt orange. Maybe its just your camera, but it looks alot lighter.
Lighting conditions play a big part, but I think there could be 2 dif. colors.:dontknow: i know a guy w/ an '08 in candy burnt orange, and it looks way dif.(darker like you said and no orange hues) then the one at the local dealership.

As for scratching the fender, I had the same issue until I adjusted the stand at the pivot points giving me >1/2" clearance.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I want some new stands for next year.. not ready to dump the cash into a set of pit bull stands though.. I'll likely get the Vortex stands.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts