Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New Sport Rider out today! 08 ZX10R on the Cover! 07 ZX10R Moding gone mad story!

6K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  black 10r 
#1 ·
Many years back I used to subscribe to Sport Rider but stoped doing so after a couple of things happened.

Nick Einatch (sic) left / got fired / ran off, not sure what happend though I know it was politics of some sort, and after Nick left there were no more yearly UFO features which were my favorites.

Then they arrived in the mail sometimes as much as 2 weeks after seeing the latest issue on the Grocery store shelfs which pissed me off if there was a interesting article.

Numerous emails to Kent Kunitsugo (sic) went unanswered as to why subscribers received their copies weeks after they were on the store shelf. So, I ended my subscription.

I was in Walmart today and the latest issue has 2 stories of interest.

Another Qatar report. Nothing new here, and Modding gone mad where they do a lot of mods to a 07 ZX10. Nice job but still far short of 9R's to 10R's 06.

At least now I know what Gold Marchesini wheels looks like on a Blue bike. Hmmmm, I got some of those.

Also get prepared for this to happen in the future. Motorcyclist and Sport Rider will pick the Honda over the new 10R as a better street bike because they will accuse the 10R of being to track oriented. Both Magazines have already set this up in the last few sentences of their last articles.

So make a run to the Kroger. This issue worth a read, sort a. Not usually the case.

JJ

See less See more
#3 ·
That's funny. I got tired of seeing copies at the grocery store and wondering if I should pick it up since my copy hadn't arrived yet. Ended up letting my subscription run out too and only buy one if something on the cover piques my interest.

Thanks for the heads up.

#4 ·
I might buy that issue just for the story on the '07 mods.

I stopped subscribing to Motorcyclist, Sport Rider and Cycle world loonng

time ago, for 2 main reasons: Usps are slow and lazy f@cks also way too

many Honda :throwup: and Yam :throwup: and HD :icon_porc: advertising.

Also lots of good info, feedback on internet and forums and it's FREE.

JJ I will pick/up the packages at my studio tomorrow am and post feedback

shortly after..

:mrgreen:

#8 ·
I'll pick one up if I'm strolling through an airport and have a long flight ahead. Some of those Brit mags are good but the T&A while sitting close to people on a plane is just not cool IMHO. I know some guys like the tests of non common bikes but I'd rather loads of info on the mainstream big four bikes. Technical fix-it articles are something I would like to see more of and reviews of gear, accecories etc.

#10 ·
I'll pick one up if I'm strolling through an airport and have a long flight ahead. Some of those Brit mags are good but the T&A while sitting close to people on a plane is just not cool IMHO.
I've been reading 'Performance Bikes' each month since 1990, and while they went through a tits and bums phase a few years back (trying to copy Superbike, I always thought), they've now gone back to the mainstream - always a good, irreverent and entertaining read.

Gotta echo JJ's comments on SR too ; I bought it from the first issue until about 8-9 years ago. I loved the UFO stories, they were always amazing (the two bikes that stick in the mind are the ultra-radical Sims & Rohm GSXR, and the 190 mph ZX750 Turbo), but the magazine seemed to lack something around that time. I pick them up to look occasionally, but haven't bought one in a long time. i will , however, definitely be getting this new issue.

If anyone has access, and is interested in modified bikes (not Harley, but proper bikes), I get a Japanese magazine called 'Road Rider' each month. All japanese text, which I can't read, but worth it for the quality pics of classy bikes, and interesting ads and websites for some really neat stuff.

Cheers,
Brian

#9 ·
Good I will have to stop by the BX tommorow and read it, I won't buy it, I used to get Motorcycleis, Sport Rider and Cycle World, got tired of all the crap, nothing but a year long advertisment, I get RRW now, and I might not renew it.

I wish there was a magazine similar to the car magazines like Hot Rod, Car Craft, MM&FF's that deals with the modding and customizing of jap bikes, and not all that strait line chromed out, bling bling shit, like Super Street Bikes, I am talking nice performance oriented tasteful shit. Cause seriously who cares what a stock vs stock liter bike does, how many of those do you see, I have never had anything stock for more than a week lol.

#11 · (Edited)
I agree I would love to pick up a mag that shows different mods done and how they effect the bike, much like a Hot Rod mag. Instead all we get is some mag full of blinged out bikes with 20 foot swingarms that look like drag bikes, but aren't even intended for that. I will on occasion pick up a RoadRacing World mag and it will keep me fairly intertain. Maybe someone with some money on the site (9R to 10R, BD) can look into this and maybe we can publish our own mag! Just an idea!

#18 ·
I totally Love Sport Rider mag, as well. It gives the info I want, from the people I trust. I just hopped on board a couple years ago, so missed the Nick Lenatsch era, That's a shame, he is another hero, in my eyes.

I'm giddy happy to have what I have though, and ZX-10R.net is one of the happy to have things. I mean really could it get any better? :thumbsup:

#30 ·
Agree, even the starter of this thread JJ "So make a run to the Kroger. This issue worth a read, sort a. Not usually the case.

JJ"

doesn't seem concerned about the results or what was mentioned in the articles. I would post the Article on the 07 upgrade but no one seemed to specify which article they wanted and most just wanted to talk about what mag they liked or dis-liked :badteeth: :rolleyes:

I can post the 07 upgrade Article if many are interested but it seems like you said Papa all they care about is what mag is better not what is advertised for the ZX10R :badteeth:

#36 ·
i read the article about "kawasaki's new 192-HP zx-10r" and no where did it mention it having 192-hp. I knew that number was high but you'd think sport rider would mention something about this in the article. Nope, instead they just reel you in and then leave you hanging. Thanks sport rider for nothing.

#38 ·
oh, and the mod to the 07 is not very interesting. Seems a bit like they're trying to sell you something, instead of testing. And, ya, no shit. if you put that stuff on the bike it's going to perform better. Are u serious? I digress...

#45 ·
little Boy...I actually posted Pics....go suck eggs you got nothing to offer. :wink::idea::heyyou::thefinger

#46 ·
Wow, that's pretty impressive ; I've obviously found the right thread for intelligent discussion. :headshake

#47 ·
Hey, Guy...let me give you a little advice...I don't mess with Trolls....you better move along or say bye bye to this forum your almost done. :wink::idea:

#48 ·
Ooooh, scary. What was I thinking, daring to contradict a moderator. i genuflect in your presence and abase myself before you.

:mrgreen:

#49 ·
Nice knowing you...next time will be worse...go to the Gixxer sites I'm not buying it :headshake

#51 ·
[QUOTE

one thing I noticed is they no nothing how the TRE,GiPro or any gear indicator works. :badteeth:
Thanks Bloo, missing a page thou. Any chance?[/QUOTE]

think I got it now :thumbsup:

Reactions: bkkninja
#54 ·
Damm, had to mess with Greenman so much in this thread and maybe even a Ban on this site :wink: I forgot to mention the 2nd Gens in Bloo are:thumbsup::wink::eek:ccasion1:zx_blue: :kneel::kneel::hitit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.