Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the Shoei website and saw that they have the new X-12 and RF1100 out:
http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx?X-Twelve&h=19&t=1
Looking at Oct for them to be released. I was in the market for another X-11. Now I will wait for the X-12 to come out. I just hope they come out with better graphics. I think thats the only thing Arai has on Shoei, better graphics. I have owned nothing but Shoei from the old GRV to my X-11, nothing fits my head better.

· Registered
41 Posts
X12

+1. I had a Rf-1000, and wanted to move to the X11, but liked Arai graphics better so I bought the Jolly Roger. Don't get me wrong, I like my Arai, but I think the Shoei X-11 had a better vent system. The 12 looks even better...

· Registered
1,359 Posts
I heard from a reputable source that more graphics are on the way, just waiting on contracts and approvals for race replica schemes on the x-12. In any case, I still think Arai comes up with cooler graphics, but I prefer to have the X-11 and deal with only an OK graphic.

· Registered
2,336 Posts
After switching over to Suomy and Arai, I'm starting to think that Shoei helmet design itself is starting to look bland. A good helmet nonetheless.

· Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
if the x12 has a more comfortable padding set up (i think the rf1000 is better than the x11) then it is going to be a very nice helmet. it does look very cool

· Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
great looking helmet but the designs aren't doing it for me along with the price. I have multiple rf-1000's sitting at my house right now and love them. I even have a x-eleven sitting there too, but I prefer to ride with my rf-1000's because they seem to be lighter then the eleven series

· Registered
1,359 Posts
great looking helmet but the designs aren't doing it for me along with the price. I have multiple rf-1000's sitting at my house right now and love them. I even have a x-eleven sitting there too, but I prefer to ride with my rf-1000's because they seem to be lighter then the eleven series
100% false

motorcycle-usa.com said:
The thing I noticed most about the X-11 was the weight, or lack thereof. At just 3.2 lbs this is a seriously lightweight helmet. Nothing fatigues a rider more than holding up a heavy helmet while riding a bike for hours on end but thanks to the AIM+ shell, you won't have such problems.
motorcycle-usa.com said:
•Excellent fit - adjustable pads make it easy to custom fit.
•Light weight at 3.5 lbs
•Superb finish - quality of paint is off the hook
Same mag, rf1000 is .3lbs heavier, or almost 5oz. Don't get me wrong, both are light, but the X-11 is noticably lighter.

sources: X-11 - http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/396/103/Motorcycle-Article/Shoei-X-11-Helmet-Review.aspx

rf1000 - http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/537/110/Motorcycle-Article/Shoei-RF-1000-Helmet-Review.aspx

· Registered
1,359 Posts
The bar is pretty high. On one hand I wish they had updated the current crop to snell 2010, on the other hand the x-11 is a seven year old model, and needed to be replaced. Do either offer a substantial change over their predecessor? No. But they are good helmets. The quick pad removal on the x-12 will be a nice sell as a track lid. The new larger visor could be good, but I've never thought the cx1-v shields were too small. I agree madness, I'm not impressed, but that's the way things go sometimes. They'll have to do something pretty cool to get me to shell out the coin for a new X-12.

· Custom Powder Coater
6,592 Posts

· Registered
3,360 Posts
I'll take it! *someone wanna give me $500 bucks?*
I was set on buying the RF-1000 Sever, but I think I'll buy the Sever in the new RF-1100...pretty nice helmets IMO.

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
1,174 Posts
LOL. I have two X-11. One is spanking brand new!

· Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the X-11/RF1000 shield will fit this new X-12 helmet? I had an X-11 and loved it. Now I have an Arai and a Suomy (love the Arai, Suomy is junk) but have been debating on getting a Shoei again. I have a brand new mirrored shield to go with it if it will fit the new X-12?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.