Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got them on Friday and still have not got the front on yet but will update soon on my findings.
I took some pictures to really see what the difference is in weight. I'm not sure what I was told but I can tell you what I see.
My test is using the same tires 2ct's. The stock wheel has about 1500 miles less rubber on it so whatever that amount of less rubber weighs is anybodys guess.
The new tires have brand new 2ct's so calling it a bit heavier by a hair is only fair to me. For sake or arguing lets call it .5 pounds more 0k.
I also had a Vortex rear sprocket on the rear of my old rim that is lighter then the new Super Sprox so we also have to fig that in as well.

The stock wheel complete right off the bike is 31.5 pounds and here is the proof.

Now the New rear ready to go on the bike complete is a woman hair under 30.

Here is both of them getting ready to go on:smile:

So without tossing Mary under the bus she gave me a great deal on the rims and I not complaining here BUT the finnish is not the best. My camera won't pick it up but along the inner seams the anodize finnish is not completely covering the wheel. What I mean is the sharp edge looks bare along most every edge that is a 90 deg. Does anybody else have a set of these and if so is this normal? My Marchesini looked perfect and the coating covered all the wheel. If you look at the rear wheel parallel with the chain adjuster you well see the silver part I'm talking about from the hub to the outter part.

My next question is are the wheels worth the money to buy when your only saving 2 pounds on the rear? I don't have a number on the front yet but probably about the same. Other then the finnish they really do look cool.
Mary at Superbike Supply was great and has earned my business for a long time I'm sure.

·
Registered
332 Posts
dude i think those are nice ! I would not trip too hard on the slightly bare spots ride em & love em your green meanie looks bad arse with the gold wheels congrats

brad & mary at superbike supply are the best !

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
they look good to me, i think those are sick looking. but im a perfectionist too and i would notice things like that as well

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:+1:

they look good to me, i think those are sick looking. But im a perfectionist too and i would notice things like that as well

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup: to you for posting honest feedback. Rep will be sent for that.

Most other people would just post up that they are soooo much lighter than stock and makes the bike just awesome on turn in, ect.

Your complaint about the finish is an old one. Many people have done so with CZ's, including 9R to 10R on this forum.

Who mounted your tires on the CZ's? Any issues there? Scratches?

Why did you chose 2CT's?

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else thinks. If your happy with them, that's all that matters.
I had the Kawi shop here do them for me. The guy does a good job every time. As far as the 2ct's they seam to work and I like the curve on the tires. I'm just looking to see if anybody else's wheels are the same. They do look cool and after a couple of trackdays I'm sure they will have some scratches on them anyway.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I would have inspected the wheels before mounting tires and sent them back for paint/powdercoat imperfections. I am investing a lot of time/money on a tire changer so I do not scratch my wheels. I would be very pissed to have bought new lightweight wheels that aren't finished properly.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
They Aae very nice but for that kind of $$ they would of went back until i got perfect ones.. However If there Powder coated the egdes will Not cover Fully depending on the gloss level of the powder and the severity of the edge. When the powder starts to cure it will actually pull away from the sharp edges...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well got to the fronts today and only a 1.5 pounds lighter then stock :dontknow:
I was hoping for more to be honest but whatever.
Here she is just before I rode her around the block for the first time with the new wheels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
those wheels look very nice on your green bike. can you tell any difference from the weight savings?

also what brand wheels are they and how much do they run?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
They look nice but for that $$$$ I'd like to save more weight.
Forged Aluminum Wheels, (proven once again in this thread) are more about the looks than the weight savings. A 250$ speedcell battery saves more weight than CZ wheels. (don't come at me with the rotating weight, I am talking pure weight)

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
They do look awesome though :eek:ccasion1, not sure I am feeling your mirror choice though. :heyyou:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mirror comes off easy because I do a lot of track days with it and not so much street riding.

I do wish the wieght was better but it just goes to show how good the stock wheels are I guess.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
They sure look nice though.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The mirror comes off easy because I do a lot of track days with it and not so much street riding.

I do wish the wieght was better but it just goes to show how good the stock wheels are I guess.
Actually, RRW weighs the wheels of the bikes alone, and the 6 spoke Kawi wheels, while easily the best looking of the jap bike wheels are some of the heavier OE wheels.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts