Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought a new rifle last night. Remington Model 700 XCR. Caliber is a 375 H&H. Anyobdy have any experience with one of these? I get to pick it up on the 15th. Time to start looking for a scope. Will be used mostly for shooting at the range and sometimes boar hunting. Any suggestion? So far i'm liking the Leupold VX-III and the Leupold VX-L.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Hard to go wrong with a 700 and Leupold glass. Haven't shot a .375 so I can't comment on that. Shot .308 in a 700. Nice rifle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wheere did you pick it up - local or online? Looking for a good place to pick up a shotgun online but haven't found anything yet. Gunbroker.com and ebang.com are no cheaper than my local dealer. Problem with him is he's one of these guys that unless you're a regular hunter spending thousands a year he treats you like crap.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
So Ara, when you going to start modding it (other than glass)? 16th or the 17th? :lol: Almost as many mods available for that rifle as for the 10R!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am thinking of getting a Ruger 10-22 and putting my Nikon on it and putting a Leopold VIII/VIV on my AR.

My dad just picked up one of the last model 70 winchesters in the US a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you guys are lucky, the gun laws in Canada are rediculous!! I even have my restricted license which means i can have handguns (but an only shoot them at a licensed range), but i still can't have any type of AR. .375HH is alota gun ( i guess you like your guns like your bikes) NIce buy!

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. My family ahs been into guns for a long time. My dad used to be a gun dealer and has quite a collection. This is my first high powered rifle of my own. Also have an H&K USP 45, a Browning Buckmark 22, a 22 Rifle and a Beretta Semi-auto shotgun.

gpz - show me the mods...

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep. Our collection doesnt have any big bores, so I figure its my job to get them, lol. We have many .223's and .308's, but nothing bigger in terms of rifles. I wish I bought a Barrett 50BMG before they were banned in California.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I don't have any suggestions on the gun and scope but that model 700 is the bomb rifle. I shot a model 700 for the last 2 years in .308 for deer hunting. Never failed me. I bought me a gun last night too. I was in Cabelas and I saw the previously owned guns. I went to look and found my dream (handgun). I bought a used slightly(Can't really tell) Taurus .357 magnum with a 2 and a 1\4"inch barrel. Stainless but polished to look chrome with a lifetime repair warranty on it. I paid a whopping $239.00 I think it was a good deal. I can't wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Ara said:
Yep. Our collection doesnt have any big bores, so I figure its my job to get them, lol. We have many .223's and .308's, but nothing bigger in terms of rifles. I wish I bought a Barrett 50BMG before they were banned in California.

Yeah, Ronnie built the .416 just for Cali. Kind of a dig at them. :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts