Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try 2, for some reason the first post didn't post!

Hi all, so i just bought a 2005 ZX-10r!
I was riding the dragon 3 weeks back and went down! my Honda VTR1000f (Superhawk) hit hard and well it was never my dream bike, but man did I love that twin torque!
So I looked for a new bike.. this popped up and I read a review that said it pulled like a twin! and I was sold.. I kind of ignored the 'until 8K and then it's gets stupid"

So still nursing my injuries, 3 broken ribs, punctured lung and spleen, going to be another 5 or 6 weeks before I will throw a leg over her and give her a test but I'm PUMPED! and I a little nervous.. I have read every review I could find the one thing I took from it was RESPECT THIS BIKE!

I bought a hyperpro Steering damper and installed it.. read the PDF on tuning the suspension and set it up according to what it said as a starting point.

It came with BT016 tires, I'm not sure about them.. I had Michelin Power 3's (not the roads) on my VTR and loved them! so I'll the BT's but most likely swap out sooner then latter..

[/URL][/IMG]

First Mod

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Welcome aboard brotha! You're gonna love the gen 1! The steering damper was also my first mod (still have no clue why kawi decided NOT to put even a shitty oem unit on these things?!?!). Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum bud!!! Best damn ZX10 forum there is......hands down. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's a great bike! The turn in will surprise you until you get used to it. It's also VERY easy to be over-confident on this bike. Be careful.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the site. The 10r is a animal....just take it easy and enjoy the ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts