Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any review of the stock bike will not give an accurate representation. The way it comes from the factory the bike is a turd.

I have put 3k miles on mine.

Front brakes only work well when really hot.

Bike really needs the 5mm washers on the rear shock or it is very uncomfortable.

Full akro and woolich with autotune REALLY wake the bike up :)

Spirited street riding, stock rear tire showing cord at 1400 miles, next a q3 rear done at 1230 miles, on my second rear q3.

Avg fuel economy 26.3 mpg

stock ohlins is crap, i got a manual one after one week. Its sooo bad i nearly crashed due to a massive tank slapper!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any review of the stock bike will not give an accurate representation. The way it comes from the factory the bike is a turd.

I have put 3k miles on mine.

Front brakes only work well when really hot.

Bike really needs the 5mm washers on the rear shock or it is very uncomfortable.

Full akro and woolich with autotune REALLY wake the bike up :)

Spirited street riding, stock rear tire showing cord at 1400 miles, next a q3 rear done at 1230 miles, on my second rear q3.

Avg fuel economy 26.3 mpg

stock ohlins is crap, i got a manual one after one week. Its sooo bad i nearly crashed due to a massive tank slapper!
Agreed. However, that will not happen in general reviews, as that's work that needs to be done to the bike. As it stands out of the factory, 'tis how we need to deal with it. People who have not bought one are not going to be overly considerate of how well it runs with a bunch of work as that can apply to any bike.
Getting solid reviews of it stock helps with moving units.
Not to mention it's already hanging with the big lads while it is handicapped. As he said, that's damn impressive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Love the new bike but have to agree about the comment about the Ohlins damper. (Stock ESD)

This damper isn't up for the task at hand. It's being replaced.

Now the question is for what to replace it with?

Thx Dan

New Damper OTW!

SD021

1 - 7 of 7 Posts