Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to race 600s this year but I was introduced to mini bikes and came to thr conclusion it would be the cheapest and fastest way to learn and it definitely is. We have a local track where we race and have a year membership for unlimited practise.

Its a YZ85 on dunlop gp125 slicks. Todsy was the firdt time I rode it and at the track and had a bunch of setup issues and crashed 4 issues. 3 issues were due to a complete lack of tire feel that I have mostly worked out. I will be going back sunday and most likely get some go pro footage.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nice. I've never ridden one of those. Is there a major difference in body positioning when taking turns?

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only real difference is you're way more upright. I believe the geometry has to be modified to ride like a sportbike and this bike has been modded plenty.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Man JL! Im sitting with a huge smile on my face just thinkin about what a kick it would be to ride that thing!! Cant wait for some footage!!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went again today. I should have some pretty good footage. I rode for probably 2-3 hours. There's a couple lowsides. Its really fun not having to worry about crashing and finding the limit and making adjustments. Ill have some footage uploaded later tonight.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
THAT is awesome man!!!! can't wait to see some "action" footage!!!!!! that thing has to be a blast to ride man!!!!!! i'm jealous.....AGAIN!!!:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts