Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 10 for about a month now, and just broke 1,000 miles on it. I don't own another vehicle, so it already sees some mileage because of that, but I've also been taking it out for short (~50mi) rides through the desert almost every night, and longer day trips on the weekends...

Anyway, photography is one of my hobbies and I hadn't taken any solid photos of this bike yet. Naturally, my tail delete was the first modification I did to the bike. I've been wanting to replace the stock exhaust and finally got around to it today, so I figured now was the time to take a few photos... The first one is by far my favorite.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Those look awesome! :thumbsup: Some day I'll be able to use something besides an Instamatic for pictures...:wink:

Getting those 110's developed can be embarrassing lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Eventually I'll have more photos to post as I really start exploring with it.

Getting those 110's developed can be embarrassing lol
I used to love shooting 110! It's just difficult and expensive nowadays to find someone to develop it... I still shoot a roll of 35mm every now and then, when I have the chance.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looking very nice! Those pics should be on a calendar! :grin2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. Until I get around to taking more photos, might as well post some of my other photos of motorcycles, right?

This was my first ride... the 2013 Ninja 300 SE. I absolutely loved the thing! Naturally, I outgrew it quickly, but I don't regret starting on the 300 and learned a LOT on it - without wrecking or dying (always a plus).

Another shot, the day I learned how to do my own oil and coolant change. A proud moment for me, since I had no one to teach me. It hadn't occurred to me how tiny those headers were - until now, comparing them to my ZX-10R's.

The man that started it all: a coworker who took me under his wing and whom I always looked up to. Like an older brother for me! He came to work one day riding his old 929, and just like that, years of yearning for a motorcycle in abstract finally turned into a serious plan to buy one! The red 250 in the background was a neighboring employee who also happened to ride (a rarity in DC).

An old Triumph that parked across the street from me one night. I walked across the street to take a photo. It wasn't until I posted it online that someone pointed out the rider can be seen peering around a car in the background, making sure I wasn't messing with his ride. I don't blame him, although I wish I could've met him to share the photo with him!

My 2009 CBR600RA, which I just recently sold to get the ZX-10R. I was probably more attached to this ride than any other I've had, bike or cage. I think in two years I put roughly 25,000 miles on it. I eventually sold my car, and it became my EDR. I even rode it across the country once! It had a lot of scratches and scuffs on it, but they were like battle scars for me - signs that I actually rode it to Hell and back. Being the nerd that I am, I likened it to the Millennium Falcon: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

The bikes my friend and I took across the country for our trip. He was much more comfortable than I was... This was taken at an abandoned motel somewhere along I-95 in North Carolina.

Cool shot I took in the ruins of Yeso, New Mexico - a true ghost town.

Another shot in Yeso. While we were preoccupied taking pictures, a tornado nearly snuck up on us... I don't think I've ever ridden so fast, for so long, to get away from that thing... Worth it! :thefinger_red:

An accidental but "artsy" shot I took of my friend as we were packing up to beat the storm!

My friend's bike, which he rode across the country with me. I snapped a couple photos for him to put on his for-sale ad (he's now overseas).

Dozens of motor patrol officers from various agencies across Arizona, during a memorial procession. My photos eventually made their way back to one of the PDs, who then invited me to travel down south and take more photos of them during another event. They're pretty cool guys!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, haven't taken any more photos yet... But I did make a quick video!

Timelapse footage has always fascinated me. It's actually part of what got me interested in photography in the first place, but I've never taken the time to try it out myself. I had never shot any video with my D800, so I decided a couple nights ago that now would be a great time. Weather was nice, bike looked great, and I had the night off.

I ended up sitting in an empty parking lot with my gear for about an hour to get the footage I needed. I expected the cops to approach me since the parking lot was closed and I was right outside a college campus, but they didn't seem to care once they realized what I was up to (read: not causing trouble). I did, however, get a handful of compliments on the bike from passersby - and had a few interesting conversations with some locals. One of them was drunk and decided my bike was so beautiful, he would sing a song to it. Good times! :eek:ccasion1

(Hope this embed link works...)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well, haven't taken any more photos yet... But I did make a quick video!

Timelapse footage has always fascinated me. It's actually part of what got me interested in photography in the first place, but I've never taken the time to try it out myself. I had never shot any video with my D800, so I decided a couple nights ago that now would be a great time. Weather was nice, bike looked great, and I had the night off.

I ended up sitting in an empty parking lot with my gear for about an hour to get the footage I needed. I expected the cops to approach me since the parking lot was closed and I was right outside a college campus, but they didn't seem to care once they realized what I was up to (read: not causing trouble). I did, however, get a handful of compliments on the bike from passersby - and had a few interesting conversations with some locals. One of them was drunk and decided my bike was so beautiful, he would sing a song to it. Good times! :eek:ccasion1

(Hope this embed link works...)
Great!! And for the record the music was sweet I haven't heard that in a while!!! Love AZ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great!! And for the record the music was sweet I haven't heard that in a while!!! Love AZ
Thanks! Typically hip-hop isn't my style, but ever since I got the new bike I've been cruising around at night and this just matched the mood perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, thought I'd share some new photos I've taken.

This weekend wasn't as busy as expected, so I decided to get out and scout new locations to shoot. I felt these environments complimented the bike's colors!

On a separate night, I took a few shots of a buddy and his CBR600RR. Might as well share those, too. I like the way they turned out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts