Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several not so great runs this morning I finally pulled a few good one off and a new best.

R/T.....031
60'......2.084
330'....4.874
1/8.....6.963
MPH....119.10
1000'...8.733
1/4.....10.235
MPH....149.33

Im getting closer to 9's, also need to work on consistency:badteeth:.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
After several not so great runs this morning I finally pulled a few good one off and a new best.

R/T.....031
60'......2.084
330'....4.874
1/8.....6.963
MPH....119.10
1000'...8.733
1/4.....10.235
MPH....149.33

Im getting closer to 9's, also need to work on consistency:badteeth:.
Good job, with that MPH you can go 9's no problem... you will learn that you can launch the bike alot harder than you think you can with some practice.. you have at least another .3 in your 60 foot alone. It takes alot of practice on a stock wheelbase bike.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
How is your hook up (are you spinning)?? Could be a good or bad thing it depends on the rear tire. With an air shifter you should be in the 9s now. Rememeber it is all about the clutch hand!! More trod less clutch!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is your hook up (are you spinning)?? Could be a good or bad thing it depends on the rear tire. With an air shifter you should be in the 9s now. Rememeber it is all about the clutch hand!! More trod less clutch!!
There is plenty of hook, more of a problem of the front end wanting to go skyward. I havent been able to lock the throttle until im in 2nd.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There is plenty of hook, more of a problem of the front end wanting to go skyward. I havent been able to lock the throttle until im in 2nd.
You won't be able to lock the throttle until 2nd and not long then. Even if you had 4 to 6 inches lock the throttle in 1st would be a problem drag racing (10s are not super strong out of the hole. I think you are on an 08 which is good gearing modified to 16/43). Sounds like to me your problem is the clutch hand and rpms @ launch. Reaction time is everything in racing.. Let me look at time sheet again.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It your 60 foot and 330. Man you have a an shift!! You should be kicking a$$. Your R/T is not bad if you are fighting with wheelies lay on the bike and press!! This along will give you .5 to 1 second gain. What RPMs are launching at??

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think im up around 5-6 grand at launch. Not completely sure because I mostly just go off sound than looking.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It your 60 foot and 330. Man you have a an shift!! You should be kicking a$$. Your R/T is not bad if you are fighting with wheelies lay on the bike and press!! This along will give you .5 to 1 second gain. What RPMs are launching at??
your reaction has nothing to do with your et. if you get that 60ft down into the 1.5s you will go mid nines no problem. just learn how to launch at wot using the clutch only to modulate front wheel rise....dont use the throttle. that should remain pinned. right kenny

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
your reaction has nothing to do with your et. if you get that 60ft down into the 1.5s you will go mid nines no problem. just learn how to launch at wot using the clutch only to modulate front wheel rise....dont use the throttle. that should remain pinned. right kenny
Kenny hasn't been around much....but nice to see ya back Sal..and yes kenny would agree about the throttle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Youre gettin there man! Definitely some good mph! I don't remember your setup. Is the front end strapped and or lowered? Keep practicing that launch and pushing it a little harder each time. A good idea is to have somebody video tape you. After a pass you can see that wheelie that felt like it was about to go over really wasn't that high. Definitely inspires confidence.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think im up around 5-6 grand at launch. Not completely sure because I mostly just go off sound than looking.
I would recomend finding a constant RPM to leave at. it only takes a few seconds to set it before youre staged and will make your launch that much more predictable. its a nerve racking thought at first but leaving WOT is what you need to do to get those short times down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Youre gettin there man! Definitely some good mph! I don't remember your setup. Is the front end strapped and or lowered? Keep practicing that launch and pushing it a little harder each time. A good idea is to have somebody video tape you. After a pass you can see that wheelie that felt like it was about to go over really wasn't that high. Definitely inspires confidence.
The am lowered 1" front and rear, then have the front strapped as far as it can go(rubs upper fairing on braking). Gearing is at -1/+2. If been having a problem getting the rear at a height that works good, pretty sure I got it now. Sadly its raining here so I wont be able to test that and my new seat.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
At stock height and gearing, with nothing other than a slipon and strapped front end, I went 1.84 60s on my 08 and I weigh 300lbs...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes damn the rain!! You just need to get more comfortable with your setup and pin it sooner. You will get there just need to be more consistent!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At stock height and gearing, with nothing other than a slipon and strapped front end, I went 1.84 60s on my 08 and I weigh 300lbs...
Yeah, I had 1.8 60s last fall when I was at stock height and gearing. Not sure what my deal is now:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm starting to get comfortable with the -1 +2 gearing ( only run it at the strip ). I just need to get more aggressive with the throttle off the line, hoping to work on that this weekend.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'm starting to get comfortable with the -1 +2 gearing ( only run it at the strip ). I just need to get more aggressive with the throttle off the line, hoping to work on that this weekend.
Do you know what gear your going through the TRAPS at the end? I am guessing 5th Gear with the quick shifter just want to verify you huge MPH....thanks

bloo

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you know what gear your going through the TRAPS at the end? I am guessing 5th Gear with the quick shifter just want to verify you huge MPH....thanks

bloo
I have been shifting to 6th at the very end, but I dont think I need to. My shift light come on just before the end of the track (pretty sure its set to 12750). I'm going to try sticking with 5th this weekend as I should have just enought RPM left.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have been shifting to 6th at the very end, but I dont think I need to. My shift light come on just before the end of the track (pretty sure its set to 12750). I'm going to try sticking with 5th this weekend as I should have just enought RPM left.
I don't know the 3rd Gen best gearing but judging by your time slip it looks like should be in 5th GEAR f'sho....your running the same MPH I did in 4th gear on my 1st Gen with -1/+1 :badteeth: ...run that thing to redline or find at least where the REV limiter kicks in first...I use the tach needle no shift light so that may help you as well. :idea::wink:...good luck on your next run. :eek:ccasion1

bloo

1 - 20 of 43 Posts