Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New personal Best!!!

Gen 1: 2004-05 
2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  1killer1liter 
#1 ·
Finally stretched the Bloo bike, don't think I launched well it's a 4-6" stretch extensions but my 60 foot tells me I am still
launching like I am on a SWB 10 so much more practice needed. With that said my first time ever on a longer bike(other than 54.5in) hit
a 9.89s 215lbs rider weight 16/43 gearing. Only got 2 more runs in after that hit rev limiters on second run very bad launch on the
third run but still hit 9.98s....hope to improve though when I get use to this new setup just been running SWB for so long
I have to learn to change habbits

bloo

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
goood job bloo! ull get the launch down. what tire are u using? when i was on my 2ct i could hook till mid 2nd or 3rd.

Have u cracked the throttle on the street yet at low speeds? thats always fun!

#3 ·
Running a Shink Hook-up so have a good tire, triples not even lowered but 3/4in I really need to start messing with the suspension I haven't even looked at that yet. As far as the street I just got the bike together and didn't have a rear brake line so don't want to run it in the street yet.....but did test it out in front of the house before I went to the track and it did feel different. :wink::eek:ccasion1

bloo

#4 · (Edited)
oh yea i remember u mentioning that. check ebay if nobody has one. I have a 36in and just had it run past the caliper and then loop back and it held itself between the caliper and top of the arm and never moved.

Heres a pic of the line

Attachments

#5 ·
Congratulations Bloo it was good to see you and 1killer, I ran into problems with my bike and was able to get only one pretty good pass 8.56 and after that it ran like shit but I still ran 2 cars for money and lost one due to the air shifter but I'll be back in may to have fun again.

#10 ·
good job man.
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Atta boy bloo!!! You'll get there man! Can you not run your stock brake line??? Mine worked fine with my extensions.
Nope I run after market brake line Goodridge the slack seemed so long I thought it would reach even stretching the bike but at the last minute I found out it wouldn't work :badteeth::dontknow:

no worries though I ordered today from the same company that sells my extensions a longer line it should work this time you would think :badteeth::dontknow:

bloo

#11 ·
Went back to the Strip again tonight. Although I think I might have hit the 1.6s 60 maybe once or twice SWB before years ago, today was a little different..... did 4 runs:

1.672s
1.682s
1.666s
1.717s

There was an older guy out there experienced just as heavy as me with a Gixxer 05 stretched a little longer than me we both had the 2 best times of the night he hit 9.92s and I hit 9.93s. So far liking this new setup just need more practice to get it all down in one sweet package for a complete 1/4mile run in all areas. :idea: :helmet:

bloo

#13 ·
I don't know I suppose it's possible, always said I would NEVER stretch it but I did even if they are little tiny baby extensions. :lol: it's already crossing my mine to look for longer extensions :lol: :dontknow:

bloo

#16 ·
Good job man. How you like that Hook Up from Shinko? Are you using it on the street too or swapping rims out?

#23 · (Edited)
Good job man. How you like that Hook Up from Shinko? Are you using it on the street too or swapping rims out?
Love it so far feel so much more confident launching at my track it's really not good at the starting line easy to loose traction(EDIT...I mean the track sucks at start not the tires...sorry for the confusion). On the street the Hook-up it's not for street :headshake but I did ride with it to work today only 10miles but yeah I am swapping Rims out with my Mich PP shoes. Also, so far no major handling issues on the street bike seems almost as flick-able or easy to ride. :thumbsup:

:eek:t: to be honest, I totally forgot about that, but works for me!! I am probably gonna do the arm in black though. I have a green/black theme going for me right now. how much did your arm end up running you?

On-topic, when do you get to run again bloo?
Actually my bike runs too hot and a real wimp in the summer time(very hot in Sacramento) that's why I did as much as I can starting in Jan. I will try to hit up some TTs maybe some more night Grudefest and f'sho the ALL motorcycle ONLY events that comes to my track 2 times a year...love the Sep-Nov months too so should be real active then as well.

bloo

#17 ·
bloo, I feel you about the extensions. never thought I would do it, but I did. I find myself eyeing an Evil arm all the time now. One day Ill be able to afford it. For now, gotta get a tire lol

#18 ·
ill try and pick up those tires in the coming days. get the evil arm in green!!

#20 ·
The arm was 700 the nos bracket was 50 but I paid extra for the powder coat. If u just get the arm it'll be 725 without the bracket

#21 ·
did they charge you more because it was a Gen 2? or standard is that price?

#22 ·
700 is std. Hardcore wanted 900 to run my duals I said fuck that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.