Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally stretched the Bloo bike, don't think I launched well it's a 4-6" stretch extensions but my 60 foot tells me I am still
launching like I am on a SWB 10 so much more practice needed. With that said my first time ever on a longer bike(other than 54.5in) hit
a 9.89s 215lbs rider weight 16/43 gearing. Only got 2 more runs in after that hit rev limiters on second run very bad launch on the
third run but still hit 9.98s....hope to improve though when I get use to this new setup just been running SWB for so long
I have to learn to change habbits

bloo

Attachments

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
goood job bloo! ull get the launch down. what tire are u using? when i was on my 2ct i could hook till mid 2nd or 3rd.

Have u cracked the throttle on the street yet at low speeds? thats always fun!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
goood job bloo! ull get the launch down. what tire are u using? when i was on my 2ct i could hook till mid 2nd or 3rd.

Have u cracked the throttle on the street yet at low speeds? thats always fun!
Running a Shink Hook-up so have a good tire, triples not even lowered but 3/4in I really need to start messing with the suspension I haven't even looked at that yet. As far as the street I just got the bike together and didn't have a rear brake line so don't want to run it in the street yet.....but did test it out in front of the house before I went to the track and it did feel different. :wink::eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
oh yea i remember u mentioning that. check ebay if nobody has one. I have a 36in and just had it run past the caliper and then loop back and it held itself between the caliper and top of the arm and never moved.

Heres a pic of the line

Attachments

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Congratulations Bloo it was good to see you and 1killer, I ran into problems with my bike and was able to get only one pretty good pass 8.56 and after that it ran like shit but I still ran 2 cars for money and lost one due to the air shifter but I'll be back in may to have fun again.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Nice run bloo :thumbsup: launching a stretch bike vs swb is WAY different :wink: more seat time with the new setup will def help... you'll be cuttin some killer 60ft's in no time :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice run bloo :thumbsup: launching a stretch bike vs swb is WAY different :wink: more seat time with the new setup will def help... you'll be cuttin some killer 60ft's in no time :eek:ccasion1
good job man.
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Atta boy bloo!!! You'll get there man! Can you not run your stock brake line??? Mine worked fine with my extensions.
Nope I run after market brake line Goodridge the slack seemed so long I thought it would reach even stretching the bike but at the last minute I found out it wouldn't work :badteeth::dontknow:

no worries though I ordered today from the same company that sells my extensions a longer line it should work this time you would think :badteeth::dontknow:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went back to the Strip again tonight. Although I think I might have hit the 1.6s 60 maybe once or twice SWB before years ago, today was a little different..... did 4 runs:

1.672s
1.682s
1.666s
1.717s

There was an older guy out there experienced just as heavy as me with a Gixxer 05 stretched a little longer than me we both had the 2 best times of the night he hit 9.92s and I hit 9.93s. So far liking this new setup just need more practice to get it all down in one sweet package for a complete 1/4mile run in all areas. :idea: :helmet:

bloo

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
good job blooseph! after enough time u gonna spray it?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good job blooseph! after enough time u gonna spray it?
I don't know I suppose it's possible, always said I would NEVER stretch it but I did even if they are little tiny baby extensions. :lol: it's already crossing my mine to look for longer extensions :lol: :dontknow:

bloo

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I don't know I suppose it's possible, always said I would NEVER stretch it but I did even if they are little tiny baby extensions. :lol: it's already crossing my mine to look for longer extensions :lol: :dontknow:

bloo
:lol: its fun being stretched isnt it?! the extensions i used to have are $150 on ebay, and worked great until i rode my fiance around after lowering it. i doubt ur wife rides on back though so ull be fine. theyre the same t6 6061 billet as all the others

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Good job man. How you like that Hook Up from Shinko? Are you using it on the street too or swapping rims out?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
bloo, I feel you about the extensions. never thought I would do it, but I did. I find myself eyeing an Evil arm all the time now. One day Ill be able to afford it. For now, gotta get a tire lol

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
bloo, I feel you about the extensions. never thought I would do it, but I did. I find myself eyeing an Evil arm all the time now. One day Ill be able to afford it. For now, gotta get a tire lol
ill try and pick up those tires in the coming days. get the evil arm in green!!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
ill try and pick up those tires in the coming days. get the evil arm in green!!
:eek:t: to be honest, I totally forgot about that, but works for me!! I am probably gonna do the arm in black though. I have a green/black theme going for me right now. how much did your arm end up running you?

On-topic, when do you get to run again bloo?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
The arm was 700 the nos bracket was 50 but I paid extra for the powder coat. If u just get the arm it'll be 725 without the bracket

1 - 20 of 24 Posts