Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted in the "Mark your Calender" thread I had alot of trouble with my bike getting ready for a Motorcycle only Drag Racing Event...here is what I posted:

The night before I wasn’t even sure if I would be able to race I needed to prep the bike the day before like adding my racing rim that has different gearing and other things like cleaning, removing license plate, straps etc etc.

During the prep I found my chain has a Tight Spot meaning when you turn the wheel on the rear stand it gets tight in a certain spot. Then I noticed my front tire was bald in the center I guess those 1k runs back and forth to LA wore it down fast and didn’t notice it :badteeth: Then I still needed a chain guard 18” long so had to fabricate something fast. Then fell victim to the famous slow down off the kickstand and the bike fell down and broke my shift peg in half….I was up to 1;30am to make the race where testing started at 10:00am. :badteeth: I swapped the pegs from right to left to at least have something, built a chain guard loosen the chain a lot to make sure that tight spot or what ever it was didn’t rob to much HP.

And to my surprised passed Tech got to do many runs with little problems(unless you count running out of gas on one of them :helmet: and also got a New personal best today as well.

:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sucks when things go wrong the night before a race but good job.
Thanks Cook yeah I was scrambling been waiting for this Event for so long and anything that can went wrong. I got a new personal though had family friends there even Madness came to our tent and we shared some good eating.:thumbsup: ...but bottom line I tried my best to be able to race no matter what it took and made it happen. :wink::thumbsup:

Forgot to add the bike Fall Broke the Cluster Mounts(custom 2nd Gen Cluster on a 1st Gen) had to do a quick fix on that at the track :badteeth: but I engineered something to make it steady on the fly as well as I need that Analog Gauge no shift light that's what I am use to looking at. :mrgreen::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok bloo whats next 9.50s:thumbsup: your still swb right:thumbsup:
What's up tone.r? .....no not going to get 9.50s at my weight but it is possible extended a little so I did around April somewhere between 4-6inches. I ran about 4 or 5 times at the track with it extended still launching like its a SWB but when I get it down the times will go down too. :wink: I am also thinking of trying it SWB again because I switched at the same time with more aggressive gearing not my street gearing plus a sticky tire not the street one I was using before... I want to see how that works out.:idea: :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard work payed off! Congratulations I was there and witnessed that pass :thumbsup:
Madness always looking out for me I had no personal pictures or videos for this event and BAM Madness to the rescue again just like last year....really appreciate that bud :eek:ccasion1

Now I have to go change 19,000 Avatar Pics again. :lol:

PS....Do you have one for Jeremy? I know he would like a picture if you have one...thanks in advance.

Bloo

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Madness always looking out for me I had no personal pictures or videos for this event and BAM Madness to the rescue again just like last year....really appreciate that bud :eek:ccasion1

Now I have to go change 19,000 Avatar Pics again. :lol:

PS....Do you have one for Jeremy? I know he would like a picture if you have one...thanks in advance.

Bloo
I had someone taking pics for me and he didnt take that many I only came up with this one I hope its ok if not next time I will take them personally :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had someone taking pics for me and he didnt take that many I only came up with this one I hope its ok if not next time I will take them personally :wink:

I am sure he will appreciate that no matter what :eek:ccasion1

PS...went to the track today took down that stretched Gixxer that was there on Sunday with the wheelie Bar old guy like me and just as heavy:lol: think it's Andy in Summit Racing....well anyway he was already doing a burn out I was getting ready to adjust my chain and said fugg it this will be my last run for tonight pulled up quick to the track did a quick burn out lined up.

He did 9.875s we had a battle after half track he has an Air Shifter to my foot shifting but he messed up just like that 9.7s ZX14 I showed a video of not long ago...they snoozed at the line and if you do that very hard to catch a ZX10R( most forget it's got TOP END TOO :mrgreen:)we were neck and neck starting at the 1/8 mile he tried his hardest to pass me but the 10R would not relinquish the little lead :headshake:mrgreen: I WON with only a 9.96s time. :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
I am sure he will appreciate that no matter what :eek:ccasion1

PS...went to the track today took down that stretched Gixxer that was there on Sunday with the wheelie Bar old guy like me and just as heavy:lol: think it's Andy in Summit Racing....well anyway he was already doing a burn out I was getting ready to adjust my chain and said fugg it this will be my last run for tonight pulled up quick to the track did a quick burn out lined up.

He did 9.875s we had a battle after half track he has an Air Shifter to my foot shifting but he messed up just like that 9.7s ZX14 I showed a video of not long ago...they snoozed at the line and if you do that very hard to catch a ZX10R( most forget it's got TOP END TOO :mrgreen:)we were neck and neck starting at the 1/8 mile he tried his hardest to pass me but the 10R would not relinquish the little lead :headshake:mrgreen: I WON with only a 9.96s time. :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Bloo
Lol Im glad you got him, those wheelie bars slowed his ass down and the 10Rs dont play around even if theyre old but still running good numbers even with a 200lbs guy on board :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol Im glad you got him, those wheelie bars slowed his ass down and the 10Rs dont play around even if theyre old but still running good numbers even with a 200lbs guy on board :eek:ccasion1
No he didn't have the Wheelie bar this time it was a strait up Gixxer vs ZX10R (edit both) mildly stretched old heavy but fast guys going at it one with quick shifter the other using the old foot. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see I thought it was this other guy I know that has a gixxer 1000 with wheeie bars
NO matter a local here but...that Video was Awesome!!! Madness contributing again. :eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thanks Madness! I need to get that zipper fixed. I brought my camera, but they were hot lapping us, so I couldn't get any pics of my own.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts