Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, honestly I have always hated the lower & tail section titanium painted fairings. Instead of painting the oem plastics I found a cheap set from Auctmarts. These will handle street & track duty for me moving forward.

This was a rushed paintjob using some spray paint I had on the shelf in my garage from my old track bike. It’s not my best work considering I did most of the painting last night.

Satin White w/ Satin Clear Coat.. absolutely no wet sanding and a lot of the pieces are pretty dusty. But I think it came out pretty decent given the circumstances. I wanted to post my results with the intention of letting the guys with white color scheme bikes see how it looks all white.

Still some work to do on the brake side of the bike, once I get it put together I will clean it up and get some better pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good man. Do you have a belly pan as well for those fairings for track duty? Are those OEM replicas?
No bellypan, just track days (not racing).

These are oem replacements from Auctmarts.. they will paint them for you but I paid $175 shipped for a set of unpainted. Felt like it was a steal at that price.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

·
Registered
460 Posts
No bellypan, just track days (not racing).

These are oem replacements from Auctmarts.. they will paint them for you but I paid $175 shipped for a set of unpainted. Felt like it was a steal at that price.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Definitely a steal at $175! Do they also make track plastics? Got me considering throwing a set on for track duty as well..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely a steal at $175! Do they also make track plastics? Got me considering throwing a set on for track duty as well..
I believe they do, I decided on this route because I didn't want to swap plastics every time I went to the track. I will use these until I sell the bike - and put the OEM plastics back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts