Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy accepted my offer of $5500 and i'll be pickin her up on monday. she needs a front fender, mirrors, and some touch up paint (if anybody's got it for sale let me know). i'll probably be selling the 636 soon if you know anybody there too :wink: anyway, here she is ...

anybody seen this bike b4?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey rainking, haven't i seen you on other forums before? kawiforums maybe?

· Registered
1,750 Posts
Yea, long time member there when I had my 636. Sold it and got an 06 10R.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought that's where i'd seen you. good swap from the 6 to the 10?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: already got a guy pricing some full akra hex pipes

:eek:ccasion1

anybody know about any deals (steals)?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the first time i saw it was on craigslist then i saw it again on ebay. i didn't think the dealer would accept my offer of $5500 but he did. i put a $100 deposit down through paypal and i'll be picking it up from jonesboro cycles in arkansas this monday. they seem like real nice people. completely different from the dealers in my area (jackson, ms)

anybody got any suggestions for must do mods? i was thinking about a full exhaust because a friend that owns one and he put a full hindle on his and he loves it. i'm new to the world of the 10 so all and any suggestions are appreciated. i was thinking a full exhaust is all it needs except for the regular oil, coolant, brake fluid, etc. it's got a pc 3 and fresh michelin rubber.

anybody willing to share a map for the up and coming full akra? :mrgreen:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was just quoted $7400 on a 08 with 2000 miles on the odo! :idea: which is the better deal? $5500 for the 05 or $7400 for the 08 :dontknow:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do you like so much better about the 08 flapjack? did you mod the 05 at all?

· Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
I would say walk in with 6900 cash and say here you go for the 08 zx10r and I bet money they take it just because its cash. I would just say that its riding pref. ect and look, because the power of the 04-05 model is the same as the 08-09/ 3rd gen, even though you will hear a 100 members say the 04 is better or vis versa, I say what ever makes you happy get, either way you still will be eating gsxr's and r1's like you are sitting still

· Registered
680 Posts
i was just quoted $7400 on a 08 with 2000 miles on the odo! :idea: which is the better deal? $5500 for the 05 or $7400 for the 08 :dontknow:

How many miles on the 05?

As for the 08 you can get one new for a little bit more than they are quoting you.

Between the two I'd prefer a new bike but I will always have a soft spot for the 05 zx10...

No bad choice between the two:thumbsup:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think i'm going to stick with the 05 at this point. i love my 06 14 and i think the 10 will be the perfect complement to it. it'll be like christmas year 'round at my house. (red and green)

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the 05 has 14k miles on it. my zx14 has 12K+ miles on it. i was thinking i'd rather see mileage and know that it was ridden instead of sitting in the garage rotting away. there's a guy selling a titanium 05 about 3 miles from my house. it's been sitting in his garage for the past two years. the battery leaked all over the exhaust, swingarm, rear brake, etc. i offered him $5k but i'm not touching that bike cause it needs more attention than i'm willing to give. i just got off the phone with my brother and he said he'd go with the 08 too. the mileage is a big hangup to him. i've got time to think about it but i think either bike would be a good choice. anybody watching gp right now?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.