Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
It's finally really warming up here so I'll be commuting in it more.
Frame sliders and seat cowl on. These Chinese seat cowls are junk. It didn't even come with rubber bumpers so the thing was loose all over the place. I got some 1/4" bumpers and it's nice and snug now. I'm still looking for an OEM cowl in the meantime.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
183 Posts
The teardrop eyes of the second gen

I still struggle with that cluttered stock exhaust, way too much going on - it was short lived and clearly inspired by Ducati. The '98 R1 also clearly ripped off the Ducati 916 fascia

The Japanese were never originators, they were refiners, but the 1985 Ninja 900 was an original and there was nothing else like it at the time - it's what got me into motorcycling. The first gen ZX-10 has the cleanest/purist, most "organic" look imo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
The teardrop eyes of the second gen

I still struggle with that cluttered stock exhaust, way too much going on - it was short lived and clearly inspired by Ducati. The '98 R1 also clearly ripped off the Ducati 916 fascia

The Japanese were never originators, they were refiners, but the 1985 Ninja 900 was an original and there was nothing else like it at the time - it's what got me into motorcycling. The first gen ZX-10 has the cleanest/purist, most "organic" look imo
The first and second gens are definitely my favorite, I think the looks got worse as the performance got better. And of course that's subjective too. Being a two year only exhaust to me makes it a little more unique, and who cares about the extra 13 pounds, right? 😅

121 - 133 of 133 Posts