1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a really nice intro post that never posted. Long story short I traded my
hardtop Miata

for a 04 ZX10R.

My buddy traded his unfinished 240zx and a 4.8 for this bike. Then he called me up and asked if I wanted to trade for my Miata. He had been eyeballing it since I had started talking about selling it earlier this year. Originally I was going to sell it since it would fetch a little more than I was asking for my hardtop Miata. Although, I fell victim to keeping it on the ride home, when I twisted the throttle and hit warp speed instantly. So instead I'll finish/clean up my Yamaha YZF600r and sell it soon.

The bike is in really good condition with 10410 miles on it. I test rode it Sat and picked it up Sun. No detectable tranny issues, shifts smoothly and no 2nd issues. There is a small crack in the right fairing and some of the fairing fastners are bolts. The left peg is broken right in half and I want to replace it soon. The bike is dropped significantly in the rear, and inherently the side stand has been chopped. The lowering link was homemade too, initially it bothered me until I realized there was no telling how long it had been on there without fail. It's got a double bubble windscreen which I'm really happy about since that one less this I have to buy in the long run. I also have a 74 Honda CB550 that I'm restoring to some extent. I've been riding for about a year and a half. I fell in love with this bike years ago when it first came out. So after some thought I knew I needed to keep it. I don't think I could be happier, even though I know it's way to much bike for me right now.

Current plan is to figure out how to get the rear fairings off and make a license plate bracket and get the bike back to stock height. I can't imagine the bike with more power so it will prolly stay stock until I lose my mind and think I need more.

I can't post in the want section just yet. If anyone run across this and is selling stock links and/or a stock side stand, I definitely need one

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Congrats man, the green is hot. My last bike was Kawi Green.
Respect the throttle and you will be good.
Also check ebay for the kickstand and links.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Definitely loads of respect with the throttle hand.

I found both on ebay for around 80 total. About 43 for the links and 38 for the side stand. I want to try and see if I could pull if off for a little less if anyone still had parts leftover from partouts. Will 06/07 links interchange with the 04/05s. Those are cheaper on ebay.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
nice bike. when you think it's not enough power any more take it to the track and bring some wet wipes...

·
Registered
844 Posts
congrats on your bike, i see you got the fastest color-good for you.lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice bike. when you think it's not enough power any more take it to the track and bring some wet wipes...
I have no doubt that would reinstate my faith in the ridiculous power of the bike.

congrats on your bike, i see you got the fastest color-good for you.lol
:lol: Agreed, The primary factory color is always the fastest color... and occasionally flat black.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
haha, for sure

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
:welcome:
Nice. I'm not sure about those fast colours myself. I think orange is pretty fast too. LOL:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I bought a '04 new when they first came out, a really fun bike. I put an Arrows Ti slipon, PC with the push button fuel interupt, +1 rear sprocket with an additional inner chain link to get the rear wheel back, clear Double Bubble shield and a self contained Raptor shift light. Oil changes were done with Mobil One Motorcycle 10w40 synthetic, upgraded the tires to Michelin Pilot Powers. Later when I went to a full Akrapovic Evo, I changed back to the stock rear sprocket as the new pipe gave me enough power to not need the gearing change. Nice bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is something I need to do is an oil change. The oil in the window isn't pitch black or anything, more of a peace of mind thing. I know the brake fluid front and rear needs to be changed really bad. Unless one of the POs used special/racing brake fluid it a reddish orange color. I'm going to assume it's the same brake fluid that was in the bike from the factory. Fortunately the tires are relatively new. Pilot Power in front and a 2CT in the back.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Nice Bike.... Welcome to the Site.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
well worth the trade in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts