Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not editing this post, because I don't want to mis-represent what the item is, but I was mistaken as to the cost/MSRP, post below explains.

Pics added below

Exactly what the title says, literally new.

I work at a Kawasaki dealer (I pm'd YSR before posting to make sure it was okay). For some reason, this tank is sitting in our inventory, in box, collecting dust. The parts manager tried selling it on eBay once before (I think for $500), and got no hits. MSRP is $590 + tax (and shipping if applicable). We will sell it no tax as long as the shipping address is outside of Washington State. If it's in WA state, figure on 8.7% sales tax. Payment would be best via paypal, or pm me (we might be able to do a credit card over the phone if you prefer). Local pickup is free.

As far as price, I'm looking for offers. I don't see the manager going lower than $450 shipped (keep in mind this is a NEW tank). I know he won't want to ship outside the US, but if the offer is right, he might. Let me know what you think - is the price too far out there, is it fair, just need to find the buyer, is it a killer deal? Whatever your input, I'm not going to be hurt - it's not my product. Like I said, bump this thread or pm me with questions.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal, wish I had the extra coin. Got any other spare part layin' around?j/k

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, we've got a few employees with zx10's, so most stuff just doesn't sit around. Sadly, none of us have magma 05's and need or want a new tank. Still baffles me how it got here (not exactly a normally stocked part).

·
Registered
127 Posts
You've got to be fucking kidding me. I looked for over a year for a good deal on a Magma tank, finally found one last month and just put it on not even a week ago. Granted, it was cheaper than this, but it's far from brand new.
:BangHead:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the way it works sometimes. Just want to re-iterate: open to offers, just have to ask the parts manager.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Money is tight everywhere. I would love to replace my chipped and scratched tank, but the money isn't there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would that I could man. If I hadn't just gotten one I'd have jumped on it already for full asking, but as things are I just can't swing it. Dammit.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you guys, but I figured if anywhere, someone in this community would need it or want it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely shameless bump for the weekend. Hope everyone from the US had a good turkey day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is this still available? I have a green 05 zx10 so I would need to repaint it but it depends on what price this is going for right now. What is going on with the tank?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Turns out the MSRP of this tank is A LOT more than I had up there. Suggested Retail is more like $960. Regular dealer cost is $690. Over the past years of writing down the value (at the end of the year, you depreciate the inventory, take the loss on the taxes) we have in the system at a cost of $590 - teaches me for quickly looking over the numbers and posting. In any case, the parts manager wants it gone, but the $450 shipped is obviously well below cost, and he isn't too siked about doing that. If someone offered it, I think he would take it though.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
If it were blue It would have been sold already Ted. Bump for an excellent deal!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts