Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard about this a year ago about moto gp replacing the 250cc class with 600cc. Not sure why exactly, someone I knew said to have more of a connection with street riders which makes sense. That and probably safer but what do I know. Saw some pictures in the latest issue of either sportrider or motorcyclist I forget but went searching online couldn't find alot. Here you go guys enjoy. This is the moriwaki.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Don't know why they changed either, but we'll see what the hoopla is all about soon.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
I think it will be great. If you think from the manufacterers stand point, theres not alot of sales out there for 250cc two strokes. Kinda makes sense in that way. Im looking foreward to it.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I suppose, but its also not like you can go out and pick up an M1 or any other 800cc motoGP bike lol. Should be interesting though, even though i do enjoy watchin those 250's SCREAMIN around the track.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think its gonna be a good year! these guys can ride so it should be close.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I to will miss the 250, But like everyone else. I will wait and see how the 600 do first.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The Moto2 bikes are (for now) slower then the 250cc bikes they are replacing.
Getting away from 2-strokes for the environmentalists is the main reason for the switch. They are not doing it for better economy, since the 2 stroke motors are far simpler and easier to work on with less parts. This info has been out for a while. You should follow superbikeplanet.com, crash.net or motogp.com

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The Moto2 bikes are (for now) slower then the 250cc bikes they are replacing.
Getting away from 2-strokes for the environmentalists is the main reason for the switch. They are not doing it for better economy, since the 2 stroke motors are far simpler and easier to work on with less parts. This info has been out for a while. You should follow superbikeplanet.com, crash.net or motogp.com
Thank you, thats what I was going to say. Late news. It's not a 600cc class. It's Moto2 with the ability for teams to use custom frames and swingarms using 600cc engines. And they are definitely slower. The European press has already complained as to how slow the bikes are. The 250Gp should have never left.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thank you, thats what I was going to say. Late news. It's not a 600cc class. It's Moto2 with the ability for teams to use custom frames and swingarms using 600cc engines. And they are definitely slower. The European press has already complained as to how slow the bikes are. The 250Gp should have never left.
:+1: I still have a 2 stroke dirt bike because I love the way it makes it power. And I secretly get high off the smoke! :eek:ccasion1

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't forget it says that time was without the spec motor so i'll definitely be faster. Perhaps the geometry or suspension also isn't quiet right.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The new rules for motogp2 is pretty crazy, they are all running 600cc Honda motors! What really funny is the fact that the WSBK 600cc are turning faster times then the motogp2 times! Some custom frame if ya ask me!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Not sure, but tree-huggers and the consumer had a lot to do with it too.
Honda is a 4 stroke company. They are trying to start a 150cc 4 stroke to kill the 85cc minis and push their little junk bike to the consumers. They can make a two stroke that meet the emissions but 4 junk is more $$$$$. Bombardier and Envirude did it. The FIM is just as retarded as the AMA.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i just hope its as close as the 250 guys were

·
Registered
890 Posts
Im looking forward to Moto2 . theracing should be extreamly close being they have boxed motors , and this is where your going to find the future of chassis developement . Even MotoGP and your future streetbike chassis my come from this class.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts