Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did it all in one shot. This thing pulls like a freight train now, and stops even faster. This is the way it should have been from the factory. Kudos to Rifleman for such an amazing $25 piece of plastic. I can now wheelie at any rpm with a small chop of the throttle. And the brake lever is as hard as a rock, unlike the squishy crap from the factory. I highly recommend these two mods to anyone.
Most bang for the buck! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Got my calipers here in the box. Other mods already done. Can hardly wait to the first feel.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yeah seems like everyone is having great success w/ the new calipers.

Glad to hear it worked for you as well. I've been thinking about the 1/5 throttle conversion too...maybe I'll do it as a winter project.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just put on my 6r MC and damn, what a difference. Now I won't have to pull off the track due to lever hitting throttle and no brakes at end of session! Doing the calipers makes it even better??

B

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
man, you can't pay for advertizing like that.

glad you are happy, everyone who tries the 1/5th is amazed with the difference in feel and response... not just faster, but that it actually makes the bike feel "tighter", nimble... not sure how but enough people have said it that it must have some merit.

yes, the way the bike should have been from the factory, but I'm kinda glad they don't, keeps me in new rubber and blingy bits. *S*

·
Registered
423 Posts
if i go with the 14 or 6r M/C can i still use my SS lines from my zx10?
and if i change calipers also... can i still keep the ss lines

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
yes they are some bad ass mods. All i did was a radial and kevlar lines and its about 100x better. Also gotta rep rifleman, 1/5 is sweet!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 1/5 would be worth every bit of $200 if that's what he charged. He'd have to do the install and keep it hush hush though, due to the simplicity. I feel like with this mod and decent brakes I can really take my riding to the next level, which is not easy to do after 12 years of riding and virtually no track time.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Ah, I couldn't live with myself if I did that... I want you all to enjoy everything your bike has to offer... I'll make a few bux along the way but it's all about making the experiance all it can be

TB... Hillcountry10R did an install and posted the write up here on 10R.net Here is the link

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19436

the install is the same for all years... only difference is that the 06-07 bikes do not have another cable adjustor under the tank.

I suggest you do the 'above the tank' part of the install first, about 75 - 80% can get it done with just those parts of the install... if you can't get enough cable slack above the tank, then and only then.... "go deep"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts