Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes if your newer than a 2006member here and drag race a few suggestions and history lesson when it comes to Drag Racing and starting Threads I see a big trend of it happening....NOT taking the TIME to POST TIME SLIPS!!!!! YES, some of us POST TIME SLIPS and Video to Boot but some of you come on here saying I did this and that :rolleyes: NOT valid without Time Slips and to be honest should not be on the Fastest Time thread without them but it's not site controlled so don't really care. :headshake

This is not an official Sticky yet but some just come here and spout out #s it's best to show REAL proof. :wink:

I will post the real thread for the next one that has an issue with this too why it's important. :wink:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
83 (edit) VIEWS AND NO REPLIES... :lol:

Listen guys this goes way back this site in racing many coming on here claiming this and that and things got heated false claims etc..... Then a Thread was created called "time slips" to keep everyone in check meaning don't spout out #s show proof.

Just saying please take the time to post your Time Slips like many do here already the old timers know what went down back in the early days some come here and take NO time to post anything other than text in ASCII and call it true :badteeth:

That is all happy times :thumbsup:

Bluedevil

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. I am an attention where so u never have to worry about me
We don't worry about you Cook you can post in ASCII anytime :lol: :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Hope I'm not thread jacking too bad, but can we make proof mandatory for a lot more things too? All the fast knee draggers should have to show some proof of ability too :wink: Worn knee pucks, and lack of chicken strips do not count. Maybe a pic of a bike, on an actual track, without a giant N sticker on it :mrgreen:

*this is somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat true all at the same time :badteeth:*

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope I'm not thread jacking too bad, but can we make proof mandatory for a lot more things too? All the fast knee draggers should have to show some proof of ability too :wink: Worn knee pucks, and lack of chicken strips do not count. Maybe a pic of a bike, on an actual track, without a giant N sticker on it :mrgreen:

*this is somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat true all at the same time :badteeth:*
Teeks stop being an Ass I know your trying to stir :heyyou: Drag strip is different there is a start time and end time for all by a timing device and not all tracks are the same but it's easy for others to decipher what a run is about based on many factors. :heyyou::wink:

bloo

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Sorry, that was inappropriate, my apologies. I really was not trying to turn your thread to bad though. I do often wonder sometimes who I may be really taking advice from though. That was the premise of the serious side though.

I do get what you mean about time slips though, seriously. I used to drag cars back in the day, and I have had my bike to the strip enough times to know I am not any good at it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, that was inappropriate, my apologies. I really was not trying to turn your thread to bad though. I do often wonder sometimes who I may be really taking advice from though. That was the premise of the serious side though.

I do get what you mean about time slips though, seriously. I used to drag cars back in the day, and I have had my bike to the strip enough times to know I am not any good at it.
No worries I don't want this thread to sound serious just a wake up call :wink: post a time slip though on your bike I bet it's more legit because the ones that don't post anything is just that a Zero time. :lol: :eek:ccasion1
PS....I still consider myself a part time not very fast racer but get PMs one very high now on the thread for Fastest racers asking me for advice. :wink: I suspect it was because they knew I was a heavy guy with almost stock bike, old, high mileage, short and still fast. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
next year when i start doing drags i'll be sure to post the slips, just for you ;) normally i just go round n round though

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well damn I showed up in 07 so yeah uh my bike made 550 horse and I run 6's on the back wheel :lol: hopefully have my first 8 sec slip on my bike tonight!!! Woohoo!!!!

Oh yeah and I do believe your message SHOULD be a sticky Bloo.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Haha I think you got it :thumbsup: yeah I hope you get 2 time slips with 8s tonight just to make it official :wink: Good luck tonight!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Haha I think you got it :thumbsup: yeah I hope you get 2 time slips with 8s tonight just to make it official :wink: Good luck tonight!!!!!!:thumbsup:
:Occasion: Thanks Bloo. I really hope I do too. I've been chasin 8's on my bike with a low budget for 5 years now. :badteeth: but we have clear skies. It's high 60's right now. Low 50's tonight. And humidity is at 24% right now. I have a fighting chance dammit!! As long as my clutch holds up. Ill be sure to let you guys know!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Like everything I enjoy in life, Drag racing was short lived.

Friday nights at LACR. I would ride my 2004 ZX10-R up there and register. I would get there early and got to lap the strip like it was a track day.

Later in the evening the locals would show up. I had no idea how this would later help me when I started to club race at Willow Springs(WSMC)

My most memorable race was against a car that pulled in at the last minute.

I was already staged and he did a grand burn out. My heart was pounding as he pulled up to the tree.

10 second car for sure. All I could do was stare at the the tree as the lights came down.

The lights came down and he was gone! I rolled the throttle and ran through the gears...

I kept the throttle pinned and saw his face as I passed him a few feet before the finish
line.

I had won. I picked up my slip 10.39 and got a standing ovation at the stands!

Chris

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like everything I enjoy in life, Drag racing was short lived.

Friday nights at LACR. I would ride my 2004 ZX10-R up there and register. I would get there early and got to lap the strip like it was a track day.

Later in the evening the locals would show up. I had no idea how this would later help me when I started to club race at Willow Springs(WSMC)

My most memorable race was against a car that pulled in at the last minute.

I was already staged and he did a grand burn out. My heart was pounding as he pulled up to the tree.

10 second car for sure. All I could do was stare at the the tree as the lights came down.

The lights came down and he was gone! I rolled the throttle and ran through the gears...

I kept the throttle pinned and saw his face as I passed him a few feet before the finish
line.

I had won. I picked up my slip 10.39 and got a standing ovation at the stands!

Chris
:thumbsup: some car guys don't understand how Fast the New Generation of 1000cc bikes have advanced since the late 1980s :headshake I raced an old but very strong 1100 GX Suk a few weeks ago very stretched very long use to probably be the ZX14s of their day at the drag strip meaning spanking any and all things most times but my 10R is just to strong was an easy win. :mrgreen:

Those are great memories Katoom mine come from winning against Busa's and Gixxer 1000s love the faces of defeat by them when they loose to a NINJA supposedly much slower their friends and Mags said so. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I don't think I ever posted a time slip, because anything I've done on the drag strip has been nothing to brag about anyway ... I've got a wall full of plaques from roadracing and another box of them that wouldn't fit on the wall though :lol:

The drag strip that is closest to me is anal about wanting people to get a NHRA license if you go faster than 9.99 sec or 135 mph. The 9.99 is well beyond reach (for me) so far, but the 135 mph is pretty close at hand. I can't be bothered to get NHRA licensed so this kinda removes any incentive to make the bike any faster ... Still running stock exhaust and catalytic converter!

End of sidetrack, you fast folks carry on ...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think I ever posted a time slip, because anything I've done on the drag strip has been nothing to brag about anyway ... I've got a wall full of plaques from roadracing and another box of them that wouldn't fit on the wall though :lol:

The drag strip that is closest to me is anal about wanting people to get a NHRA license if you go faster than 9.99 sec or 135 mph. The 9.99 is well beyond reach (for me) so far, but the 135 mph is pretty close at hand. I can't be bothered to get NHRA licensed so this kinda removes any incentive to make the bike any faster ... Still running stock exhaust and catalytic converter!

End of sidetrack, you fast folks carry on ...
Well it was more directed at others usually newer members never ever seen a time slip :headshake:wink: or maybe they do it some times but still not the same others take the time they are not special...ok Cook is :lol: but come on it's not that hard. :wink:

Go Faster that doesn't make sense from your track 135mph you need a NHRA license because I don't believe that is the Rules it maybe more of track rules and that still isn't right a 10r any gen can break 135mph :dontknow:

bloo

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I think it's only supposed to be for cars, but this track's management seems to apply it across the board, even at a test-and-tune ... The other track that I've gone to didn't seem to care.

I'm pretty sure my bike will do over 135 mph in the quarter, just not with me riding it (so far). It's been right around that or just below, depending on how I screwed up the launch :)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it's only supposed to be for cars, but this track's management seems to apply it across the board, even at a test-and-tune ... The other track that I've gone to didn't seem to care.

I'm pretty sure my bike will do over 135 mph in the quarter, just not with me riding it (so far). It's been right around that or just below, depending on how I screwed up the launch :)
Wow that's pretty strict...my track is an NHRA track but on TNT days no one cares how fast you go not even a check of the bike :dontknow: Fun Wed. night drag days better have the chain guard but recently they are not monitoring 9s bikes I get one every time and haven't been asked for a license yet. :dontknow: ...what's your Tracks elevation GF that makes a big Differance as well for time and top speed?

bloo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts