Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new zx10r owner since late last year, coming from a 4c8 r1.
love the new bike, its awesome, just done the first 500 miles and having its first service soon.

Mod plan this year.
decat and rear silencer
the stock headers are titanium anyway didn't think it needs a full system?
MWR filter
ecu remap.

i having been emailing MSS who seem very helpful, recommending a spark exhaust and they will map it there.
some other people are telling me go hilltop and maybe get a pipewerx..?

i would go akrapovic but the stock carbon can that fits onto the stock headers has a huge bend i dont like, so someone mentioned to me about getting a race akrapovic end car so you can fit a straighter decat pipe?

planning to do atleast 5-10 track days aswell as road use.

what WHP are there new ZX10r getting after an ecu and exhaust upgrade.....heard around 190-200whp

any feedback or reccomendations would be great.

thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi, new zx10r owner since late last year, coming from a 4c8 r1.
love the new bike, its awesome, just done the first 500 miles and having its first service soon.

Mod plan this year.
decat and rear silencer
the stock headers are titanium anyway didn't think it needs a full system?
MWR filter
ecu remap.

i having been emailing MSS who seem very helpful, recommending a spark exhaust and they will map it there.
some other people are telling me go hilltop and maybe get a pipewerx..?

i would go akrapovic but the stock carbon can that fits onto the stock headers has a huge bend i dont like, so someone mentioned to me about getting a race akrapovic end car so you can fit a straighter decat pipe?

planning to do atleast 5-10 track days aswell as road use.

what WHP are there new ZX10r getting after an ecu and exhaust upgrade.....heard around 190-200whp

any feedback or reccomendations would be great.

thanks.
Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome mate, nice new 10 and coming from that R1, yes nice upgrade(y) As for hilltop stay the fuck away seriously, don't go there!!! MSS are good yes but the sad truth is they are a big commercial enterprise promoting there own brand products, as for championships they haven't won anything major in a long time. For your exhaust questions, track days these days mean noise regulations, if you splash the cash on a full system and tune etc then yes of course there will be a massive improvement but your gonna need baffles for track days so it kind of defeats the object. I personally would end can at this stage but get a good flash and tune, a professional suspension set up, then after a season or so asses how much your getting out of the bike and if you want to improve it. But i believe a flashed (unleashed 10R) with good suspension settings is more than enough for 99% of us seriously it is a class 1 track bike. I don't know where you are in the UK but there are 2 people you should speak to BSB at peterborough (woolich flashing) Richard the UK Woolich rep who can advise on known best end cans and flashes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome mate, nice new 10 and coming from that R1, yes nice upgrade(y) As for hilltop stay the fuck away seriously, don't go there!!! MSS are good yes but the sad truth is they are a big commercial enterprise promoting there own brand products, as for championships they haven't won anything major in a long time. For your exhaust questions, track days these days mean noise regulations, if you splash the cash on a full system and tune etc then yes of course there will be a massive improvement but your gonna need baffles for track days so it kind of defeats the object. I personally would end can at this stage but get a good flash and tune, a professional suspension set up, then after a season or so asses how much your getting out of the bike and if you want to improve it. But i believe a flashed (unleashed 10R) with good suspension settings is more than enough for 99% of us seriously it is a class 1 track bike. I don't know where you are in the UK but there are 2 people you should speak to BSB at peterborough (woolich flashing) Richard the UK Woolich rep who can advise on known best end cans and flashes.

thanks for the feedback guys. much appreciated.

i'm based bedford/miltonkeynes way.

i don't mind travelling. just want somewhere where i can get a fast safe set up with a pipe.
I done a handful amount of track days on my r1, but when i get a decat on the zx10r it would need a baffle for sure.

i heard about woolich, is that a plug in or a proper ecu flash?

also with tires....these stock bridgestone rs10.....any good?
always used supercorsas on track, they just wear down to quick on road.
will run a 200 rear on the zx.

thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I have the ZX10R SE 2019 with full SC Project CRT Decat which came with the bike but it’s very very loud but can use it for track days in Australia. Actually getting something a bit quieter from SC Project for the road which will still sound good.

1C64C2E5-B6B5-434B-91E2-6E9A78B08E01.png
FC8C5437-27DF-48C6-B849-89380D0BA356.png

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Bedford well for sure call BSD, they will advise you with a pipe and flash and dyno tune your bike for you, MCN use there dyno and have done for some 15 years so all of the power figures are consistent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys. much appreciated.

i'm based bedford/miltonkeynes way.

i don't mind travelling. just want somewhere where i can get a fast safe set up with a pipe.
I done a handful amount of track days on my r1, but when i get a decat on the zx10r it would need a baffle for sure.

i heard about woolich, is that a plug in or a proper ecu flash?

also with tires....these stock bridgestone rs10.....any good?
always used supercorsas on track, they just wear down to quick on road.
will run a 200 rear on the zx.

thanks again.
I am on my 1st Kawasaki, 2016 ZX-10R and as far as Woolich goes it does everything! I fit mine myself, literally 1 wire into the middle plug to the ECU and the other to the bikes diagnostics. You get access to alot. Not just fuel maps, timing, quick shifter change times, remove all restrictions plus it's a fault code clearer as well. I love mucking around with mine. It does shit loads more but I am still learning.

I kept my 2015 R1M & 2000 VTR1000 SP1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts