Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day all.

New Member here. From South Africa.

New to the Kawasaki brand as well - not new to riding.

Been between Bikes for sometime and decided I needed another bike in my life.

Past bikes includes Gixxers, Ducati's, Buels and even a Harley.

Waiting on the transport company to deliver the bike in the next day or two.

It's a 2015 Abs ZX10R with a whole bunch of extras + stock parts and low mileage. Currently in track kit - will have to spend a day or two figuring out the road kit and where all the bolts go.

Will post up pics when it arrives.

Have a great day further.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sup

What tracks are around there?
Hello.

Back in my old home local - kyalami, zwartkops and redstar - kyalami is my favorite of the three.

There's also Midvaal - never went there myself.

In the middle of the country is Phakisa - great track but is going to need a resurface sometime.

In the city I am in now, we have Killarney - definitely going to check this track out sometime

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. That track bike looks really clean, congrats
Thanks so much.

She's going back to road trim though - keeping all the go faster bits though.

Have some amazing passes here and a local track I would like to sample.

Moved from one side of my country to the opposite end and I have decided that I need another motorcycle in my life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

She's arrived today.

A bit dusty due to transport. A whole bunch of extra parts and also the road kit.......... And a flat battery.

Busy unpacking parts and arranging my battery charger. New bolt kit should arrive tomorrow.

Have a few days of spanners, Allen keys and piecing this road kit back together. My experience is with Suzuki, Ducati, Buell and Harley.

There's at least glycol based coolant in the radiator and the harness is intact as well with plugs stashed away in obvious places.

Abs is bypassed entirely - lines run direct to calipers from master cylinders with steel braided lines. Will order a spiegler kit and put the Abs back into action in the future - the red light will annoy the crap out of me.

Also see there's a 200 on the rear BST. I'll order my Michelin Power RS's soon as well - the Bridgestone R11's are not a great option for street here where I live.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
218 Posts
Welcome BH. Saw the Zx advertised on FB.. looks like a great track build ..

waar in die wereld is jy?

Maybe we can discuss the bodykit .. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome BH. Saw the Zx advertised on FB.. looks like a great track build ..

waar in die wereld is jy?

Maybe we can discuss the bodykit .. :)
Awesome bike indeed.

Although itll be used more for the road than the track at the moment.

Ek bly in die Wes Kaap op die oomblik.

Sure thing. Send me a Pm. I have two kits and some other extras as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well folks.......a stumbling block has been hit.

When the bike was delivered, I had to put it back into street trim myself.

The dealer pulled his best ignorance is bliss part to avoid having to do any work on the bike prior to it being collected by my transporter.

When I first made contact, there was a series of questions from my side logged on whatsapp via voice note. They centered around if the harness was intact and could the bike be converted back to street - my statement was made with "bike will be used 90% on street and 10% on track".

During the final stages of signing Documentation and arranging transport. I asked the dealer to quote me on converting the bike to street prior to collection. I was prepared to pay for the work done..... He at least has a lift and workshop to make the job easier.

Dealer never answered my calls, dealer never came back to me with promised quotes and I grew tired of waiting......... So I arranged the transporter and ordered a new bolt kit to get the job done myself.

Between the bike being delivered on the 10th of Feb and the 12th of Feb, I get the battery charged and put the bike back into road trim.

After the test ride, I make contact with the FNI Rep and request a temporary plate/tag whilst I wait for the official reg docs and number plate.

Bike was already insured before the end of Jan.

Representative of the FNI department then starts getting confused and avoids my calls/questions etc etc.

Eventually on the afternoon of the 12th....the manager calls and asks if I received any docs with the bike - to which I respond 'NO'.

Turns out the bike was never inspected before delivery and they have not arranged any of the registration documents.

Manager asks if I may take the bike to their inspection facility on the 13th of Feb for inspection at their cost.

I oblige and do so - it's a Saturday. Have nothing planned that day and the ride out will be great anyway.

Bike gets inspected, dealer gives me a temp plate that's valid until the 26th of Feb.

Promises are made to arrange the reg documents and all is well.

Fast forward to the 5th of March. I've been away on business and haven't ridden the bike since the 22nd of Feb.

I decide to give the bike a quick clean up and head out to run an errand or two.

I finally gear up and something tells me to check the plate......... It's obviously expired again.

I phone the dealership to find out what the hell is going on..... Once again following up with them.

They don't have any updates, don't know what is going on, can't remember who I am.

I've now reached the point where I have involved the bank as I financed a small portion of the bike for a credit record scoring.

What a nightmare.

I'm ready to park the bike in the FNI managers office out of sheer annoyance at this point.

Due to me not having either the reg docs and plate or temporary plate for the bike, I shouldn't ride it due to the risk I take with insurance.

The other issue is the local force is known to go after bikes with no plates and tags. Really not in the mood for that issue at the moment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It's been a while, there's been some major twists and turns in this saga.

Contacted Kawasaki here, gave them the Vin.

Bike is a 'J' Vin and not a 'K' Vin. Makes no difference to me and riding the bike. However, on paper, it's stated as an ABS model bike. This will be a problem with insurance.

Dealer now has to go a correct the reg on the bike and all the paperwork. There's also the case of the bike now being sold at a higher value than what it should have been.

facepalm

Meanwhile, it was time to fit some new rubber.

I also had a look into the calipers and found both the inner pads are pretty fucked - have ordered a new set from my local stealership as the tire shop didn't have stock #fcuksakes

*note: Bike was advertised with "brake pads as new" I've only put around 500 miles on the bike since Feb - work commitments have been keeping me busy of late.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking to me like the calipers need a re-build, the uneven wearing being the clue.
Indeed.

Already spent my Sunday pulling pots, cleaning and inspecting seals etc etc.

Just waiting for the new pads to arrive in the new week so I can fit, torque all the bolts, bleed the lines and calipers.

I guess 'brake pads as new' is a relative term.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts