Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums for a while now but never had the desire to register for I was an owner of an r6 and an r1, I had recently got rid of my yamahas and bought an all black kawasaki 2008 zx10r. I am in love with the bike from the go, best 1000 and also fastest 1000 i had ever rode. I love it, simple and plain, the best bike out there in my opinion. I am currently putting on a whole lot of carbon fiber on it. Already got tail eliminator in clear smoke, frame sliders, body sliders, axel sliders (front and back) and spools, all carbon fiber. Got the front hugger in carbon fiber and the back hugger also in carbon fiber, Got heels by the rear brake and clutch in carbon fiber, a gas tank cover in carbon fiber and under tank fairings in carbon fiber heh.. i love fiber :) Looking for a good exhaust and a power commander. going to post some pics in a week or so when I finish putting all that stuff on it. Glad to join the zx10 community, my name is Anton, so there. Question, do i need to upload the pictures to a separate site to post them? Thank you

·
Registered
319 Posts
Between the R1, R6, and ZX-10R, what is your opinion regarding handling. I ahve a friend who used to ride an R6. He now rides an '04 10 and dislikes the handling. Some people say the 10 is the most difficult bike to ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly the zx10r has way better handling than any bike i tried so far. I have a 2008 zx10r and for a 1000 its a very small bike, its very easy to throw around. I had a 2009 r1 and a 2008 r6, the r1 is huge and doesnt handle good on little streets, where the r6 is very easy to go fast and throw it left to right and cutting corners, the r1 is strictly a highway bike because its big and you cant drive fast on little suburb or city streets (im in New York). All that said, the zx10r is best of both worlds, I have no problem zooming through the little narrow streets with sharp corners and raping any 600 in sight, and on the highway i blow past r1's CBR's, suzukis and any other 1000 you can point your fingers at. The zx10r all around by far is the best bike for any type of riding. I love it, wouldnt trade is for anything else. I can see how your friend might have problems handling the 2004 edition because those bikes still had big bodies, this is the first year (2008) where they narrowed the body down, made it slimmer and shorter, and its a great edition. My friends 2007 zx10r is way bigger than my 2008, and I give him the business on any stretch in any conditions. zx10r is the new love of my life.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,081 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. To upload pics on a post just click "manage attachment", find your pics and uplod. You can preview them by using the "preview post" button. Now lets see that new ride.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Congrats, its an awesome bike for sure. I just did about 20 hardcore hours in 3 days on my bike and fell in love all over again. The thing is just so freaking amazing. How long did you own the 09 R1 before selling it?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
there are a lot of people making the switch from an R1 to something else.

welcome to the site, nice looking bike

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
:welcome: nice bike... but should have got a green one everyone knows that the green ones are faster LOL... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Congrats, its an awesome bike for sure. I just did about 20 hardcore hours in 3 days on my bike and fell in love all over again. The thing is just so freaking amazing. How long did you own the 09 R1 before selling it?
Das what it do... I was on and off the bike yesterday for 11 hours... If I did not have a family to come home to would have been on the bike all night. They should make an area to sleep on the ZX10 that would be cool:lol:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
zx10r is the new love of my life.
Dude that says it all; my wife hates bike season... ZX10 is nimble, fast and comfortable... Was in the city yesterday and was just ripping through traffic like nothing... Just wait until the bike is broken in... it actually will get faster!!!

Congrats on the bike!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome Anton...I have the black also and I'm doing carbon fiber too...that black is hot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
here are some shogun carbon fiber spools, front axle sliders, frame sliders and body sliders, i have a total of 5 sliders on each side already. waiting for a crapload of carbon fiber to come in from hong kong this week, got it on ebay...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol i posted my plate numbers by accident, i seen the rest of you usually remove them. oooopps

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
lol i posted my plate numbers by accident, i seen the rest of you usually remove them. oooopps
Mehh, that's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Holy frame sliders batman. It like the saying goes, 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts