Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am getting a 08 zx10r, very low mileage (4500). I'm very new to bikes, never owned a motorcycle. Coming from highly modified BMW, and... a modified Vespa gts 300. I've been wanting a bike for a long time, and now that I'm older and more responsible, figured nows a good time.

My girl got me into the scooter, rode hers and loved it. Bought a brand new Vespa this year, and absolutely love it as well. But... It really sparked my fire again and have been dying to get a real motorcycle.

Anyway, I will probably have it next week. Just saying hello, plan on reading a lot. From what I know, this bike is a beast on the top end, but I don't plan on going quite that fast... Yet. I'll keep that for track days. I do love off the line acceleration, was reading about the forcemaster 3 but haven't read a lot about it yet.

Any tips for this bike? They seem like they are rock solid, some small issues, but nothing major. I'm going to mod it, exhaust pretty much immediately, leaning towards akropovic based on prior experience and their reputation. Probably forcemaster or some sort of tune for low end grunt/acceleration.

I've also read something about the front shocks, I know they come with Ohlins, which are supposedly one of the best. But I read there was some small issue.

Gearing... If tune isn't ideal, then change the gearing a little?

Of course, all speculation until I ride the bike. I just love planning this stuff out.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:welcome: Skootin! :welcome:

Glad to have you on board, make sure you post pics of that beast when you get her! :ayyy:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cat delete and flash tune. Gearing will also make a huge difference but not needed as you'll still be getting used to the bike. Post up some pics, enjoy!

·
Registered
448 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, really can't wait to get it. Just hoping wifey doesn't throw me out!!! Lol. No, she doesn't know. Not my first time doing this either, bought a new car a couple of years ago when she was out of town... Picked her up from the airport in it. Her reaction, as they say, "priceless".

Gearing def on my list of things, but I am learning about bikes, especially trying to understand the lingo. -1 +2 gearing, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts