Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :wave:

New member and quite new on the ZX-10R as well. I'm a 21 year old guy from Sweden who have been riding bike the last 4-5 years.

Almost 2 month ago I bought a ZX-10R -04 instead of my former ZX6R.
I was really happy and satisfied with my new bike and really looked forward to this summer, unfortunately I crashed it some days ago. 40km/h into the rear end of a car. I didn't hurt myself but the bike got kinda trashed...:BangHead:

My question to you guys is if you know if the front fork from a -08 ZX-10R is the same as on the -04?? Or if someone happends to know where I can buy a new one and how much it would be?

Thanks in advance and drive safe.

(Sorry for my english..):rolleyes:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Welcome to the site Zalfus. I'm not sure if the forks are the same, probably not. Someone here should have a definitive answer.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They are different. Very much so! Different triple and more. Now will they fit is the question?
You have to review if the 04 brake caliper will mount up to the 08. Place them side by side and check them out. And Welcome.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hello everyone! :wave:

New member and quite new on the ZX-10R as well. I'm a 21 year old guy from Sweden who have been riding bike the last 4-5 years.

Almost 2 month ago I bought a ZX-10R -04 instead of my former ZX6R.
I was really happy and satisfied with my new bike and really looked forward to this summer, unfortunately I crashed it some days ago. 40km/h into the rear end of a car. I didn't hurt myself but the bike got kinda trashed...:BangHead:

My question to you guys is if you know if the front fork from a -08 ZX-10R is the same as on the -04?? Or if someone happends to know where I can buy a new one and how much it would be?

Thanks in advance and drive safe.

(Sorry for my english..):rolleyes:
found forks on ebay and they ship worldwide http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...6587251QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies. I really hope that I can get my bike fixed before summer is gone. :smile:

Here is some pics from the accident:

And this is how it looked before:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
You can also post what you are looking for in the

Wanted: Buy or Trade section

Glad you are ok bro.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:badteeth: what did he say ????? :spit: :hello::hello::welcome::welcome:
He said welcome :wink:

Edit: And thanks for all your replies, I appreciate it!
I tried to post earlier in this thread, some pictures from the accident but it never published...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
He said welcome :wink:

Edit: And thanks for all your replies, I appreciate it!
I tried to post earlier in this thread, some pictures from the accident but it never published...
I fixed that.

Our spam filter doesn't like it when new members post pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts