Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from rodos island .i recently purchased a gen2 modified Zx10r.24000 km total mileage.

Full akrapovic exhaust , new metzeler m7rr tyres, dna filter and more...

·
Registered
3 Posts
(y) Nice Black Beauty, be carefull with her file mou (that translates to :my friend in greek ), mine has the carbon cans and is green :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi all,

New updates , the bike was in awful situation.the previous owner never used distilled water also he never realized that his stator was blown.so i flushed the system and used g13.zx14 nissin front calipers mod with ferodo pads.i repaired the stator , I replaced the old spark plugs ,removed o2 sensors , r6 1/6 throttle mod, removed old shredded engine cover, flushed fuel tank and cleaned fuel pump,replace water pump.removed rear pegs, rear heat shields, rear passenger pegs, New oil ,new li-ion battery.i realized removing o2 sensors that there was no fi light so I think the ecu is flashed.anyway i installed o2 eliminators , pair valve mod, ordered a pc3 just in case.the acrapovic full system doesn't have catalytic converter i wonder how it passed mot.thats all i think she's ready to race.thank God the motor and gear box are in good condition.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like an awful lot of work. I did the most of these jobs you listed on my gen 1 over the course of the last 6 months and it was not fun, especially the spark plugs change, but i learnt a lot. Glad to hear your bike is ready to go. I'd love to ride with you on my gen 1. Your black gen 2 is a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like an awful lot of work. I did the most of these jobs you listed on my gen 1 over the course of the last 6 months and it was not fun, especially the spark plugs change, but i learnt a lot. Glad to hear your bike is ready to go. I'd love to ride with you on my gen 1. Your black gen 2 is a thing of beauty.
I modify a wrench extension in order to reach the 1 and 4 spark plugs.thank God i downloaded the service manual.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I modify a wrench extension in order to reach the 1 and 4 spark plugs.thank God i downloaded the service manual.
On the gen 1 you have to remove the fairings and engine support brackets to remove plugs 1 and 4 😂
You don't have to do that on gen2 i believe, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I removed the engine support brackets for 1 and 4 .its the same .also the middle fairings.and the tank for 2-3.found time to clean expansion tank and install 02 eliminators.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is an absolute pain in the ass. The should just have made a cut out in the engine support bracket to allow the removal of the plugs. It was a design flaw i believe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts