Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep bought a new suomy Spec 1R yesterday and I thought I would let you all know what I thought of it. Well its light its expensive and I got a great deal on it thats why I bought it. I noticed that right away it feels like an Arai so much so if my eyes were closed I couldn't tell the difference between the two. I still think that AGV XR2 & TiTech are the best helmet on te market. I am wanting to try the OGK FF4 or areoblade model next as that is what I really want. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this suomy so I jumped on it. Larry Grogan was with me when I bought it he showed me the deal on them and I thought he was going to buy one as well. He ended up purchasing a real bad @ss set of Boots. I noticed when riding today it is a nice helmet and fit is tight but I think its kinda loud for me. I also think that the Arai is not as noisey. I will use the hell out of it any way and hope to purchase a OGK soon. What our your thoughts on the Suomy lids? Post up your thoughts.

PS I am aware of the review of other helmets and that cheap helmet that did real good in the motorcycle test. This is just my opinion and I am not trying to sell you on this Lid. Its just my opinion.:eek:ccasion1

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
I love how they look, but I cant get my jinormous cranium into any of them. I used to always wear RX series Arai's but cant fit the Suomy. What type of Arai did you used to wear?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RX7RR4 is the Arai that I had until my bro decided to go down on is bike wearing it and well thier that went if you know what I mean. I liked it it was nice. I still am looking into a AGV TiTech I have tried one on and love the fit.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have a suomy 1r extreme and love it. I want to get another one next year but I just saw an arai that I like also so I'll figure it out. Glad you like it.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i was thinking of buying an spec 1r, thanks for thins review. some rep going your way

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have the Spec1R Extreme and I have noticed that my hearing has gotten quite a bit worse since I have owned it. It may be a coincidence, I am not sure, but at this point I have considered wearing earplugs while riding. I have been hesitant to do this because I am scared that I may be handicappind my senses. I love the helmet though.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I currently have 2 lids: Suomy 1R extreme(XXL) and Shoei X11.

My 10 is track only, I do wear the Suomy more often, they're both pretty

comfortable.

But the Shoei has an edge for noise reduction, in my opinion 1/3 quieter than

the Suomy.

I wear earplugs with both....After my crash at Willow Springs, the Suomy is

retired, gonna buy an Arai :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Felix el gato said:
I currently have 2 lids: Suomy 1R extreme(XXL) and Shoei X11.

My 10 is track only, I do wear the Suomy more often, they're both pretty

comfortable.

But the Shoei has an edge for noise reduction, in my opinion 1/3 quieter than

the Suomy.

I wear earplugs with both....After my crash at Willow Springs, the Suomy is

retired, gonna buy an Arai :thumbsup:
I have an X11 now and love it!

I'm never going back to Arai.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the spec 1r-:helmet:
getting the shield on and off a bit fiddly, but its ok.
noise level is higher than the AC11 I had
Looks great
Very well ventilated to the point that I notice no difference with the front vent closed...still lots of air movement
Shield quality is high and optics are great.
After a season the fit is bit loose with padding compression
Strap fixation is great with the button to hold pull through strap
My 2 cents

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Nice review kneedragger

The fit of the ti-tech takes a little break in time, to me it is also noisey for long hauls. Optical wise maybe not as good as the old AGV thema especially if you hit a few bugs.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
JBJ said:
I have the spec 1r-:helmet:
getting the shield on and off a bit fiddly, but its ok.
noise level is higher than the AC11 I had
Looks great
Very well ventilated to the point that I notice no difference with the front vent closed...still lots of air movement
Shield quality is high and optics are great.
After a season the fit is bit loose with padding compression
Strap fixation is great with the button to hold pull through strap
My 2 cents
:+1:

I have the Soumy Extreme myself. I love it, great optics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts