Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this in the mail tried to put it on and the bolt pattern is off? what the heck! Is there a different mid pipe? The instrutions say it bolts to stock? The opening is way to big ?

Attachments

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
The actual mounting holes are off or just the hole? there is a spacer ring/seal that goes on there sometimes to make up the difference in a core ID..is that the problem?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the I.D. is off and the bolt pattern is the same but the holes are like 1/4 inch off? It says race on the box? Im lost and POed?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
That should have came with a mid pipe. If not, that would be the first BOLT ON pipe I have seen for a zx10r, cause the rest are slip ons

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Let me correct myself, there IS a bolt on canister for the Jardine.

They may have sent you the wrong canister!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why me! This kind of stuff happens to me all the time, I was stoked when it came today and it warmed up, I got the old exhaust off went to put the new one on and what do you know screwed! Knowing my luck it will snow tomorrow!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Yes the I.D. is off and the bolt pattern is the same but the holes are like 1/4 inch off? It says race on the box? Im lost and POed?
That's what i'm saying....look at your stock midpipe and make sure there isn't a small circular sealant ring still smashed to the flange....if so then pop it oss and the jardine should slide right down on there. cause what your saying is that the midpipe inlet hole will not go down far enough to where the flanges on it and the mid meet up flush correct?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the mid pipe flange almost goes right insde the Jardine you can see 1/4 inch gap all the way around the opening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts