Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm kind of curious to, I use to have a 2000 CBR929RR and it was one of the best bikes I've owned. But I could never go back since owning the 10.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't think Honda will put out another scorcher....The original 900rr was a huge leap, but they back pedaled from that like it burned.....

I imagine they will continue to do what they do. Put out 100% reliable, rock solid, unexciting bikes. It will be in the hunt, but won't do anything exceptionally well. But everyone will like riding it....

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
dogbone said:
I don't think Honda will put out another scorcher....The original 900rr was a huge leap, but they back pedaled from that like it burned.....

I imagine they will continue to do what they do. Put out 100% reliable, rock solid, unexciting bikes. It will be in the hunt, but won't do anything exceptionally well. But everyone will like riding it....
Sounds about right, they dio okay with the 600 but their money is in cruisers right now. That way they can sell chrome accessories and "custom" paint VTX's

1000rr is a nice bike capable of power.

I just didn't want to HAVE to buy a pwr commander and full system to be on par with a better looking, stock bike that comes with a slipper clucth and no elec. gizmo damper.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah the 1kRR is alright not my taste but It will probable take a beating it's entire life without any major money input. But that makes me think they detuned it and there is some mega power for whoever takes the time to hunt and tune for it.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
vizsladog said:
the 1000rr is supposdly.....you ready,26 pounds lighter.

Should be a fantastic motorcycle if it's true.
I've heard that too.

I've also heard that the 1000RR is 26 lbs. heavier than the 954 was. The circle of life is complete.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
XORRO said:
Yeah the 1kRR is alright not my taste but It will probable take a beating it's entire life without any major money input. But that makes me think they detuned it and there is some mega power for whoever takes the time to hunt and tune for it.
Ten Kate sells one w/ 200hp and other refinements. It's the street version of their competitive WSB bike. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.tenkateracingproducts.com/

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
No doubt- but as a money is not an object toy it'd be sweet.

I'm saying for someone with lots of money and toys, that'd be a nice one too add, maybe parked next to the Y2K or retired actual racebike made steetable.

It's a World Superbike level streetbike. Ten Kate does real well for themselves in WSB.

A muzzy raptor would be cool, a Jamie James productions R1- you get the idea.

http://www.jamiejamesproductions.net/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts