Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is the first thread i ever started so if the pictures are messed up or somethin isnt right dont kill me please lol. I just installed the star rotors 8000k hid kit and i must say i was so surprised the difference between stock and these and the installation was pretty simple. i took the bike out the other night and usually with the stock lights i just ride around with the high beams on but with the hid's i pissed so many people off every on coming car was flashing their lights and i had a guy in a f250 break check me needless to say i will be just using my low beam around town so heres a few pics of the hids and of the bike
also does any one think that their high beam is aimed too high or do i just need to get used them?

dont remeber who started this but i tried to improve it a little

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
looks good man!....I just put in the DDM kit and have not had a chance to piss anyone off.....haha.........but can also vouch for the fact that they put out much more light!!
I ride some twisties at night sometimes and i need all the vision I can get!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very nice mod. Bike looks awesome. BTW, if thats a trash bucket then send that Icon to me. I'll take care of it:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks haha its def not a trash bucket i just set it there and forgot about it

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
looks good! Where are you guys stashin the ballist on these '08-09's?:dontknow:

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
On the left side, not much room...but it tucks away under that little plastic piece that runs along the top edge of the fairing right below your grips. On the right side, all kids of space...put it way down inside the fairing.

bodymanruss518...where's the pics!

I noticed after pulling my bike around at noght, and the lights shinning on the side of the building, that both the low and high beams converge to one little sharp point of super intense light...I'm guessing they are perfectly alligned and one's not too high. Give that a try and see if you notice a difference...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heres how i mounted them

all covered up

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
looks good, the set I got from them didnt work and came with wrong harnesses so I sent them back for a refund and went with the Star Rotors StarLights HID bulbs. Maybe not as bright but it gets rid of the dingy yellow lights.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
So you guys just have the ballist sitting in there loosely? Or do you have somethin holding it in place? The guy who installed mine put some black stuff on it and let it dry an now it won't move. I forget the name of that stuff he used? It's some black sticky stuff that dries up and gets hard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't put anything on the other little box it lays down inside perfectly and it can't really move around plus it's so cramped on the left side there wasn't really anywhere to stick it.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
So you guys just have the ballist sitting in there loosely? Or do you have somethin holding it in place? The guy who installed mine put some black stuff on it and let it dry an now it won't move. I forget the name of that stuff he used? It's some black sticky stuff that dries up and gets hard.
Probably liquid nails or something similar....my kit came with a 3m double sided-tape square that was cut to fit the back of the ballast perfecto!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts