Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought an 04 zx 10 off a friend and it sat for a few years and now the tank has a bunch of rust in it. When I got it I replaced the battery and tried to fire it up(before I noticed the rust in the tank). It didn't fire so I pulled the plugs and it had spark but the plugs were dry. Then I checked out the tank and pulled the fuel pump and it looked terrible. My plans for the bike are drag only so I'm looking to remove anything I can to lighten it up. It already has a 12 over Adams arm, power commander, air shifter, alien head exhaust, etc. I'm wanting to trade the exhaust for a sidewinder and find a grudge style tank for sale. I bought the bike off a friend that was a member here, jake_04_10...I think that was his user name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was just regular gas, I ended up getting a stock tank off eBay. It fired up and ran good with the new tank and fresh gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's an update, the only things I have done to the bike since it's been running is a drag pack clutch, fiberglass seat pan, Penske shock, and flat blacked the whole bike since the tank no longer matched. I was at the track tonight and only got two passes. The first pass was a 9.31 leaving at 6500 since I wasn't sure how the bike would react with the new shock, everything went smooth so the next pass I left at 7800 but slipped the clutch too long. The 60 ft has a whole lot of room for improvement but that will come with more passes, the bike has been a few tenths quicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
What's the gearing and your weight? That mph is strong. Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a lightweight, 155 fully suited and the bike weighs around 390. It's geared -2 +3. Once I get some more passes on it and get the 60ft down it should run pretty good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thats awesome man makes me wanna pull some gear from my bike to see how it mph. I'm -2/+6 fastest I've been is a 1.44 60ft, 9.36 @ 145

Reactions: Drag10

·
Registered
170 Posts
Damn magma that's some serious gearing. What's it top out at?
honestly not sure never tested with gps but speedo shows 154 with speedohealer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another update: best 60ft since I've owned the bike, it only picked up .01 on the et but it was 20 degrees warmer than last time I posted slips. Removed the Penske shock and put the stock one back on cause I couldn't get it adjusted correctly, I'll eventually put it back on and figure it out. It's bouncing off the limiter in sixt gear before the traps so I'll drop a tooth in the rear so the new gearing will be -2 +2.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts