Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all:hello: i'm in Australia and got this ZX10R (2008) with 3000 klm,turn signals intrugated into the corner of the headlights, fender elim. will be getting a slip-on soon so any input to which one would be good thanks,looking at competition werkes,:dontknow: yosh trc,but i must say i'v had a lot of 1000cc bikes and this one takes the cake,scary at times,but i love it...:mrgreen:..some pics...cheers

Attachments

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I will tell you this, I have ran just about every type of slip on there is on a dyno to check on gains ect. Any slip on exhaust even akra, arrow any that do not get rid of your pre muffler box or boom box, the ugly thing your can comes from, you lose hp over the stock exhaust. Just keep that in mind so when you get on make sure its a slip on that gets rid of the pre muffler and runs striaght off the headers ect. I'd would say level one racing is the best exhaust for the price, it runs striaght of the headers and is a 2.25" core all the way threw, so basically its the closest thing you can get to a race fit but for half the price, they are 299.99 at sbk.com

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice Bike!

Welcome from another Aussie!

I really like that colour, I missed out on one that colour last year.

So as soon as i saw the white i bought one straight away!

Enjoy having a excellent bike in a rare colour. I know i am.

·
Registered
292 Posts
cheers mate ,what mods have you done??
I have just done a few yesterday actually.

I relocated the indicators to the parking lights, 16t sprocket and speedohealer, BMC filter and installed some ivans block off plates.

I have a PCV, 1/5 throttle insert, fender eliminator and Xtre still waiting in boxes ready to go.

I am waiting for my exhaust before i install the PCV.

And i am not entirely sure if i am going to run the Xtre, so if you want one throw me a PM and we can work something out.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Slip on with boom box elimination will not require a PCV or a dyno/remap. If that's all that's changed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
getting rid of the cat. will require a p/c 5 and remapping at the dyno....yes/no cheers
Just so you know.. The cats on the '08/'09 zx10's are located in the bottom part of the headers. In order to eliminate the cats you will have to do one of two things... just go the route of a full system (new aftermarket headers) or you will have to drill the cats out of the headers yourself or have someone else do it. If i were you, i'd just go the full system route, is which what i did!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The more I look at the 08' bright orange I like it better than the burnt orange for 09'. Both are nice but I love the metallic flake on the 08' when it's out in the sun.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
hey mate ever fansy a ride let me know im in melb aswell pm me if you want

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
GROWLER FTW, little pricey but great pipe and look 10x better than LOR imo, looks cheap. Plus growler has tabs for the lower but you can homemake you way with LOR your choice.

Love your bike though, orange looks great and the rim stripes go perfect with it. I seen orange with 2bros and no lower and its pretty foul, no offense to nashrey. :welcome: though mate!

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have a 2 bros pipe it gets rid of the boom box and sounds awesome as hell you wont regret it looks awesome as hell to

1 - 20 of 36 Posts