Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

New here just signed up and registered.
My buddy Terry, aka SDsting is a member here and we used to ride the yamaha stryker's together. Long story short. Here he runs a 2013 ZX-10r and over the last few months Ive been eying them and looking to make the purchase.

BUT before i do im hopping to here some feedback from recent owners who just purchased a 2014. Ive got a good idea on a OTD price for a 2014 ZX-10r with ABS but before i make a final offer on one for those of you who don't mind im curious what you paid OTD price. If you don't feel comfortable posting up maybe you can send me a PM with ur OTD price.

Im set on a white 2014 zx-10r most likely with ABS as from what i hear the white ones only come with ABS. Anyways your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Everyone,

New here just signed up and registered.
My buddy Terry, aka SDsting is a member here and we used to ride the yamaha stryker's together. Long story short. Here he runs a 2013 ZX-10r and over the last few months Ive been eying them and looking to make the purchase.

BUT before i do im hopping to here some feedback from recent owners who just purchased a 2014. Ive got a good idea on a OTD price for a 2014 ZX-10r with ABS but before i make a final offer on one for those of you who don't mind im curious what you paid OTD price. If you don't feel comfortable posting up maybe you can send me a PM with ur OTD price.

Im set on a white 2014 zx-10r most likely with ABS as from what i hear the white ones only come with ABS. Anyways your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!
If i was you I would look for a left over 13's. You will get a much better deal:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Unless you specifically like the 14 white trim better than the 12 or 13 white trim(the white and black panels were reversed for the 14), you can save thousands with a new 12 or 13 white model.

Kawasaki hasn't changed the bike at all besides the color scheme and the electronic steering damper starting with the 13s. And a lot of people prefer the manual steering damper of the 11 and 12. I personally think the previous years' color scheme and manual steering damper look MUCH better.

You are correct about the 14s white color only being available in ABS model. I don't know what Kawasaki's reasoning is, but they limited the color choice to green for the 14 non-ABS models. The 13s and 12s non-ABS models are available in both colors though. So you'll save an extra thousand on top if you prefer non-ABS and go with previous years models. Better looks(personally) and cheaper price with exact same performance is a no brainer for me, really.

Not sure about how much the 14s are currently selling for. But hey, if you have your heart set on a 14, get a 14 by all means. Because that's what it's all about, getting exactly what you want!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do what I did a few weeks ago and get a 13 for about 2500 less than what a 14 would cost. Remove that ABS for 1000. I mean common, ABS for 1000 dollar? What a rip off. Plus if you want better brakes than stock that ABS system will have to go.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well I have a 2013 with 1500 miles I'd sell. She has braided brake lines and a M4. I have the stock exhaust too. Oh It's the correct and fastest color too, GREEN! Good luck with you search man and welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys. Personally i really like the 2014 white look. But ive got 2 local dealers with 13's and they are both willing to give a great deal on them. aprox. 2k less than a 14. OTD price. even thought about getting a 13 and having it painted to match the 14' paint sceme. but then ur probably talking another 1k for work and at that point it seems better to just save the hassle and get a 14'.

still unsure what id like to do.

thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
thanks for the info guys. Personally i really like the 2014 white look. But ive got 2 local dealers with 13's and they are both willing to give a great deal on them. aprox. 2k less than a 14. OTD price. even thought about getting a 13 and having it painted to match the 14' paint sceme. but then ur probably talking another 1k for work and at that point it seems better to just save the hassle and get a 14'.

still unsure what id like to do.

thanks for the input guys.
The best deal is the one you can afford... So many variables in getting a deal.

Live life without regrets...

Years ago I purchased a car for a good price but I was not thrilled with the color. I'll never do that again.

·
Registered
545 Posts
you dont need the ABS, save the $ and use it on upgrades... you will most likely remove the front ABS at some point in the future anyway

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
you dont need the ABS, save the $ and use it on upgrades... you will most likely remove the front ABS at some point in the future anyway
:mod_smilie_+1:
an experienced rider (which the OP is) doesn't need ABS, but he's not listening to me :icon_rolleyes: FYI I've been riding with him for 2 yrs..

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
:mod_smilie_+1:
an experienced rider (which the OP is) doesn't need ABS, but he's not listening to me :icon_rolleyes: FYI I've been riding with him for 2 yrs..
If you can afford it why not I get it...

Some people want all the technology on the bike even if they never use it I see no issue with that.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah Derek does want all the bells & whistles on the latest machine, but $$ are a factor and he’s trying to figure out how many mods he will be able to afford as well. He will never be riding in the rain or snow, so the argument is to get a killer deal on a ’13 non-ABS and use all that money saved for mods. The flip side of the coin is if it is going to bug him for years to come that he settled for a non-ABS bike then it’s the wrong decision, only he can make that call.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm not a racer and I bought the ABS model because that's what was on the showroom floor at the time. The "extra" money wasn't an issue because I got a screaming deal, leftover '12, and the weight just isn't a factor to me at this point. After owning this bike for almost a year now, I have to say that I haven't yet found the ABS to be intrusive, annoying or have any other "bad" attributes. Maybe I'm missing something? I ride pretty aggressively, so I'm guessing that at some point I'd have noticed something negative wouldn't I? Also, I'd like to mention that a lot of the twistys that I ride on have sandy gravelly run-offs/turn-arounds that I sometimes come into a little hot and the ABS has saved my adrenalized ass a few times. Lol! Flame on ABS haters!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts