Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im in the market for a new Helmet and black leather Jacket, Iv'e been reading that the Arai seems to be about the best fitting helmet, but the price is a little spendy for me,
Iv'e got about $600 for both the helmet and jacket, safety is my main concern, I dont care about graphics and logo's ect. Any suggestions?
Thanx

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the scorpion exo 400 and it is good ,although I find it a little heavy. I tried a shoei TZ-R and found it to fell much lighter than the scorpion and cycle gear had them in solid black for less than 300 at the Orlando,FL store. I have a Frank Thomas titanium 2 piece and the jacket was 319, but the pants where 149 special sale, 199 regular price.If you check webbikeworld , they have a lot of reviews on the helmet section with prices and also a weight chart of the most popular models that should come in handy if you are looking for something light. I found the HJC carbon in ebay at about 300 and it looks good.You have to be aware of the shape of your head, because some brands favor elliptical heads more than round heads so you should go to the store and have a fit at the brands that you are hoping to get.I also have a First Gear mesh Jacket and its been more than a year now and so far so good.It was only 169 at leatherup.com

here...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=3&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=FTL_FTL232BZ38_G

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-AC-12-CARBON-Motorcycle-Helmet-AC12-NEW-LARGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6749QQitemZ170088034266QQrdZ1

269 for the helmet...better yet.....hope it helps:thumbsup:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Just got this today Icon Domain from Superbike supply hit them up! nice price.

This helmet goes for $350 most sites but superbike supply beat that by alot. not sure if i can say the price he gave me but it was good

Heres my Icon Jacket got locally (year ago) for $250 was $400 Has removable armor in back and arms and removable liner.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
+1 on the Vanson(wish i would'a got a medium) but other than that, excellent!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have a HJC helment and a scorpion,i like the scorpion better i heard also they got a five star rating.My coat is a Alpinestars spinner which i love and a JOE ROCKET team colored textile jacket also.

·
Registered
758 Posts
For about $600 you can buy an ARAI quantum 2 model or the new profile model or a Shoei Rf 1000 (best helmet brands on the market) and a SHIFT leather jacket NEW ($169.99 shipped) on EBAY brand new!! Just look them up in search. I'm talking about the stores who sell it brand new on Ebay like abolutecycleperformanceonline (authorized ARAI dealer). If you call them direct and use your credit card they'll hook it up even more! Check it out!! These pics are all from EBAY i just looked for you right now as i typed this message.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Check ebay.
I have a scorpion 400 that I bought cheap as a spare helmet. It is heavy and is sized small but it is a good helmet. I have been wearing it till my suomy comes in. As far as jackets you can get good deals on ebay and newenough. I have a teknic textile jacket for winter, teknic leather, agv sport perf leather and a jr mesh. All came from ebay except the jr, it came from newenough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanx for all the advice , So many good choices haha , I thought it was going to be narrowwd down to 2 or 3, I like the helmet review that RaZXiel posted :
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm
that really helps. I had the Icon Mainframe picked out, but after reading the review-no way, the visor kept popping off. thanx again guys, I may go with the Icon motorhead Jacket, and an Arai or Shoei helmet after all. I'll let you know. :helmet:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Old n Nutz said:
Im in the market for a new Helmet and black leather Jacket, Iv'e been reading that the Arai seems to be about the best fitting helmet, but the price is a little spendy for me,
Iv'e got about $600 for both the helmet and jacket, safety is my main concern, I dont care about graphics and logo's ect. Any suggestions?
Thanx
the best fitting helmet i think would be determined by the size and shape of your head :mrgreen: . try a few on and see what fits you best

·
Registered
256 Posts
if safety is your main concern spend around 200 on the helmet. kbc has some pretty nice ones out. or the scorpion. then save up alittle more and get a full suit. i layed one down in an agv suit and it held up nicely
just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts