Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just bought a 2004 ZX10R today and have been riding it. Its awesome!
I did notice though that it has a intermittant high frequency vibration coming through the grips. Do you have any ideas which could help me out? thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tire balance?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
all years have this problem!!! I have seen people find out that there ignition was making a vibration type sound and feel so they strapped it down ect. went away along with just changing out the grips will help you know. I have it on my brand new 09 zx10r on the throtle tube side, I even had it last year with my 08cbr1000rr. There are a million little things that could cause it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can buy a steering damper that might help if you riding over surfaces not always even, or its the fact that it is a bike and get used to it. I don't know

·
5,932 Posts
steering damper can only improve your bike!!! I would say to you send in your stock one to get rebuilt for $100 and it will work wonders compared to stock

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
I have a excellent condition scott's barely used...$275 in the f/s section compared to $431 new...if interested pm me and I will send pics...I have had 2 first gens. Vibration sounds up front are normal, if your handle bars shake between 40-70mph could be a tire balancing issue, steering head bearings, tire out of round, or a number of other things. If you have a bald front tire, new rubber, lubing my head bearings, and a good balance fixed mine. Sometimes you'll get a buzzing sound from the bullshit stock velcro where the front fairing meets the headlamp...hope this helps...Viva la first gen!!!

·
5,932 Posts
kawdude636 great answer, and I like how you slipped in there you have soemthing for sale!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
i had a vibration on my yzf 600r, that bike was in an accident, so I guess the frame was bent a little or something. Reach 40mph and lift ur arms off from the handle bars (not too high though) and see if its gonna shake really bad that means you got some problems. A steering dampener would help anyway though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the helpfull replies. I only really notice it at low speed (30-70kph). Its just kinda a bzzzt feeling through the bars, possibly when hitting small bumps on the road. I keep riding it and see how it goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, is there anywhere to see the owners manual online? I didn't get one with the bike unfortunately. I managed to find a service manual, but at the moment its not much use to me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
To be honest. Your never going to get the thing to stop vibrating. They're about like driving a drag car. Even if you get that fixed something else will start. I'v tried to get vibrations out of mine to no avail. They are just nasty wicked machines. Ride'em and love'em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts