Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a zx10 for about 2 or 3 years but haven't had the extra cash until now. Looks like there is a lot of info on this site. What are the pros and cons of the 3 generations?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Narrower, more flickable, much improved brakes over the 2nd Gen. Better handling.

If you get an '08 or '09 you'll want to do everything on my signature that I've done. Gearing however is up to you. Good luck!

btw, leftover '08's if you can find them are quite a good deal. Leftover '08 cbr 1000's cheap as well. Leftover '07 CBR 1000's going for $7499 new OTD in CA. And that's including out high 8.75% sales tax even.

·
Registered
335 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
each generation has their plus's and minus's you are gonna get pretty much the same answer from people depending on what they own. gen 3 owners only like gen 3's gen 2 owners love and accept all gens and gen 1 owners only like gen 1s. get on all 3 see what fits you best

·
Registered
795 Posts
the 08's are awesome -- but im biased :)

I have heard however, the 08's are more forgiving in the mid range when compared to the gen 1 & 2's. But once you get it above 8k (especially 9-11) rpm it's fun.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
if you are in the 9-11k range on any gen zx-10 hold on and pucker so you dont soil yourself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts