Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, new to the site. Just traded my '06 GSXR1000 with 36,000 miles on it for a brand new ZX10. The handling blows me away. I really impressed BUT the lack of power really has me concerned. 16t front sprocket? That'll do it? Don't get me wrong but I didn't have to do anything to the zuki. I'm going to take your advice but do I have to do anything to the chain lenght?
Where's the best place to get the spocket and the 1/5 throttle conversion?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: A couple members have already swapped to a 16t with great results. Any pics of the new ride?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I'm going to take your advice but do I have to do anything to the chain lenght? Where's the best place to get the spocket and the 1/5 throttle conversion?
The 16t will work with the stock chain. 1/5 throttle can be ordered from rifleman - he's a member here. The best sprocket IMO is the z1000 stocker, as it has a rubber damper on it to absorb vibes. This is what I will be using eventually when I change my 08 over - I'll prolly order it from Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: A couple members have already swapped to a 16t with great results. Any pics of the new ride?
Sure, here ya go and check out the rear hugger mod. Oh, and another showing how easy it is to get used to the handling. So far this bike is effortless in the corners.

I'm doing the sprocket tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts