Try putting 10# of weight on the front axle - when I did that on my Gen 1, I picked up 2 tenths, no s**t. I just used 5# lead ballast weights from Quarter-max and a piece of all-thread mounted in hex spacers through the front axle (use nyloc nuts). I ran 16/44 gearing, left at 10K rpm, and ran 9.20s all day long with a 6" stretch, lowered 3.5", a C02 shifter and a 180# suited rider weight. That was done with a 163 rear wheel HP bone-stock engine. PS: Pulling the air filter was worth 2.5 MPH. All with a stock ECU, shifting at 12K rpm, & a 180/55 - 17 Shinko hookup tire. I just bought a Gen 4 and am setting it up much the same way. Hoping for 8.80s with 25 HP and 2K rpm more!